The FDNY 9/11 Documents - Audio Download & Resources
Editoral Staff - Compiled by Firehouse.com News
Posted: Mon, 08/15/2005 - 12:00am
Updated: Tue, 01/04/2011 - 11:39am
MP3 downloads of 9/11 dispatch and operations audio from FDNY
Download/Listen to the 9/11 Audio files released by FDNY of the dispatch and operations from that fateful day. These files should stream on most computers by clicking or RIGHT CLICK and save to your computer.
Recommended for high speed (DSL/Cable, etc) connections only. Each file is between 40-44MB MP3 FORMAT on average.
IMPORTANT NOTE: These files are graphic and emotional. Listen at your own discretion. They ARE NOT for the faint of heart.
Manhattan Fire Dispatch (First Due)
- 8:46 - 9:34 a.m. Initial dispatch, call-in by units, reports of victims jumping, people trapped, additional alarms, second plane hits the second tower (9:03a).
- 9:34 - 10:22 a.m. The North Tower collapses. (9:59a)
- 10:22 - 11:10 a.m. The South Tower collapses. (10:28a)
- 11:10 - 11:57 a.m.
- 11:57 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
- 12:45 - 1:33 p.m.
Fire Brooklyn Dispatch
- Fire Brooklyn Dispatch Radio, 8:47 - 9:35 a.m.
- Fire Brooklyn Dispatch Radio, 9:35 - 10:23 a.m.
- Fire Brooklyn Dispatch Radio, 10:23 - 11:12 a.m.
- Fire Brooklyn Dispatch Radio, 11:12 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Fire Brooklyn Dispatch Radio, 12:00- 12:49 p.m.
- Fire Brooklyn Dispatch Radio, 12:49 - 1:37 p.m.
EMS Citywide Dispatch
- EMS Citywide Dispatch Radio, Tape 1, Side A
- EMS Citywide Dispatch Radio, Tape 1, Side B
- EMS Citywide Dispatch Radio, Tape 2
Manhattan EMS Dispatch
- EMS Manhattan Dispatch South Radio, Tape 1, Side A
- EMS Manhattan Dispatch South Radio, Tape 1, Side B
- EMS Manhattan Dispatch Central Radio, Tape 1, Side A
- EMS Manhattan Dispatch Central Radio, Tape 1, Side B
- EMS Manhattan Dispatch Central Radio, Tape 2
9/11 Timeline at the World Trade Center (Source: Associated Press)
A timeline of the attacks in the United States on Tuesday (times EDT), according to witnesses, authorities and media reports:
- 8:45 a.m. - American Airlines Flight 11, carrying 92 people from Boston to Los Angeles, crashes into north tower of World Trade Center.
- 9:03 a.m. - United Airlines Flight 175, carrying 65 people from Boston to Los Angeles, crashes into south tower of World Trade Center.
- 9:59 a.m. - Two World Trade Center -- the south tower -- collapses.
- 10:28 a.m. - One World Trade Center -- the north tower -- collapses.
PDF Downloads of Firefighter & Responder Statements:
- Oral Histories Compiled by the New York Fire Department -- The New York Times
- Oral Histories Compiled by the New York Fire Department, Firefighters Only -- The New York Times
- In FDNY 9-11 Transcripts, Bravery, Drama, Confusion -- and Raw Fear
- Emotional Families Piece Together Stories of Firefighters Lost on 9/11
- FDNY Releases Oral Histories, Transmissions from Sept. 11
- NYC Officials Release 9/11 Oral Histories
- ''We Were Just as Scared as Anybody Else'': Intimate Look at 9/11 through Firefighters' Oral Histories
- Excerpts from Newly Released Sept. 11 Transcripts and Oral Histories
- Statement from the New York City Fire Department Regarding September 11 Records Release