Parade Piece

This engine was purchased in November 1957 from the Upland Fire Company in Pennsylvania and was WEFR's 1st Engine. The engine was equipped with a 400 gpm Hale pump. Upland purchased the IH chassis from Williamson Oldsmobile, 9th and Loyd Streets, Chester...


Apparatus Details

Unit Name:
Parade Piece
Unit Type:
Other
Year:
1935
Manufacturer:
Chassis Manufacturer:


Model:
Engine:
Unavailable
Transmission:
Pump:
Tank:
Generator:
Aerial:

Department:
West End Fire & Rescue Home Page
Location:
Pennsylvania

This engine was purchased in November 1957 from the Upland Fire Company in Pennsylvania and was WEFR's 1st Engine. The engine was equipped with a 400 gpm Hale pump. Upland purchased the IH chassis from Williamson Oldsmobile, 9th and Loyd Streets, Chester. It was fitted on a former horse drawn chemical wagon from the Philadelphia Fire Department. After numerous owners WEFR tracked it down and in October 1995 the company bought the pumper. A contract was signed with Ivan Bretzman of Mount Holly Springs for $11,000 to do a restoration. After soliciting funds most of which came from Company members. Restoration was completed in 1998 and the engine is now setting proudly back where it belongs at the West End Fire and Rescue Company.