To access the remainder of this piece of premium content, you must be registered with Firehouse. Already have an account? Login
Register in seconds by connecting with your preferred Social Network.
Complete the registration form.
• Are all of the windows where rescue may be necessary accessible to your ground-ladder complement?
• Are there areas where you cannot operate aerial devices because of overhead wires and/or narrow streets?
• Is your department trained and equipped to properly attack a high-rise fire?
• Can your aerial devices reach all areas of an occupancy with expansive, modern landscaping?
• If you need aerial service and do not own such apparatus, where are they located and how quickly can they respond? (Automatic mutual aid can save precious minutes during an emergency.)