4. The answer is: The attack method where flames at or close to the edge are fought.
The question is: What is a direct attack?
5. The answer is: The method of constructing a line away from the fire by removing unburned fuel.
The question is: What is an indirect attack?
L. SALVAGE AND OVERHAUL:
1. The answer is: Searching for and extinguishing hidden fires.
The question is: What is overhaul?
2. The answer is: Used to drain runoff from the ceiling above out through windows or doors.
The question is: What is a water chute?
3. The answer is: The tool most commonly used to open ceilings to check on fire extension.
The question is: What is a pike pole?
4. The answer is: In the area of actual fire involvement.
The question is: Where does overhaul begin?
5. The answer is: By looking for discolored walls, feeling for heat, and listening for popping sounds.
The question is: How does a firefighter detect hidden fires using his/her senses?
- Oh Say Can You "C" – answers that begin with the letter C
- Fire Behavior
- Ground Ladders
- Ropes and Knots
- Water Supply
- Hose and Appliances
- Incident Management System
- Hose and Appliances/Fire Streams
- Forcible Entry
- Wildland Fires
- Salvage and Overhaul
Common terminology and firefighting tactics makes scene operations more effective and efficient. Firefighters need to constantly maintain their skills and knowledge levels to provide safe working conditions and provide efficient service to their communities.