3. Furniture is appropriately covered so that it protects furniture and does not become a tripping
F. Hoseline Operations
1. All teams begin at center of field.
2. Goals are assigned.
3. Teams direct straight streams towards ball until team makes a goal.
• Dressing in Full PPE and SCBA
• Charging a Line and Advancing Through a Serpentine
• Throwing, Climbing, and Using Extension Ladders
• Hoisting Tools/Equipment Using Utility Ropes
• Salvage Operations to include: Stacking Furniture, Deploying a Salvage Cover
• Hose Stream Application
Officers: Every fire department knows that a productive training schedule is needed. This training should be based on a needs assessment, and this drill will help to identify areas that personnel need additional training. Officers need to actively participate by observing behaviors and developing a training schedule based on those observations.
Participants: Teamwork on the fireground is essential to a good outcome. Members need to be able to work together to accomplish tasks that are assigned in a timely manner in a safe and correct manner. This drill will help to stress the importance of teamwork, the benefit of using correct procedures, and the need to do tasks in an expedient manner.