He added he also appreciates having the documentation and being relieved of the liability for certifying pump performance. That way when he goes to his superiors or to the City Council for money for repairs, he has third-party testing documentation to support his request for repairs or replacement.
"It makes things a lot easier when you have the documentation," Covert said.
More Articles and Podcasts From This Series
- Apparatus Maintenance: Severe Conditions Require Extra Apparatus Care
- Severe Service Maintenance: Heating, Cooling and Climate Control
- Severe Service Maintenance: Pump and Body Considerations
- Severe Service Maintenance: Undercarriage Care
- Firehouse Roundtable: Apparatus Maintenance
- Podcast: Rick Suche on Apparatus Maintenance for Severe Service
- Apparatus Makers Recommend Routine Maintenance for Safety
- Following Manufacturers’ Guides Keeps Apparatus in Top Condition
- Finding Qualified Technicians is Key to Apparatus Maintenance
- Firehouse Roundtable Apparatus Maintenance
- Podcast: Apparatus Maintenance: Bill Foster on Apparatus Safety
- Podcast: Apparatus Maintenance: Glenn Davis on Preventative Maintenance Programs