for firefighting. One hose line will be used by the attack crew, one hoseline with the backup crew,
and one hose line will be used by the stokers and kept in the burn area as a safety line.
Consideration should be given to a separate water supply for the attack and backup lines and the
20. The instructors and the firefighting crews should be reminded of the importance of ventilation at
part of the activity. Adequate provisions must be made to allow the steam to vent when attacking
the fires to prevent steam burns.
E. POST EVALUATION AND CLEANUP (EO 1-5)
1. The class is responsible for cleaning up the surrounding area. This includes making sure all burned
materials are extinguished
2. A critique should be conducted at the conclusion of each training activity. This should include a
check of the students to insure that no injuries went unreported and that any equipment repairs are
3. Before dismissal of the group, all equipment and apparatus must be returned to service and the
area must be cleaned.
CONDUCTING A SAFE STRUCTURAL TRAINING DRILL
* Preparation of the Training Site
* Preparation of the Students
* Safety Briefing
* Post Evaluation and Cleanup
REMOTIVATION: As with any training activity, it is important that the instructors have the proper knowledge and skill to conduct the activity. It is also important that all the training participants go home safely at the conclusion of the activity.