7. Adjust pump pressure to give next pumper 50 psi intake pressure.
8. Set relief valve or governor
9. To shut down relay, reverse procedures.
Always shut down at attack pumper first.
IV. Practical Evolutions (1-4)
A. Utilizing three pumpers, set up a relay evolution using various sizes and lengths of supply hose between apparatus.
1. Water source can be a hydrant or draft source.
2. Utilize a portable master stream device for the fire ground flow. Check nozzle pressure with Pitot
gauge to maintain desired flow.
B. Rotate the apparatus so students can practice operating as source pumper, relay pumper, and attack pumper.
Relay Operations Practical
• Designing A Relay
• Apparatus & Hose Capacity
• Fire Ground Hydraulics
• Relay Operating Practices