Laundry Room Fire Damages Northwest Las Vegas Home

A fire in a northwest Las Vegas home on the morning of February 24 caused $75,000 damage.  Fire investigators determined the fire started in the laundry room of the home, it is believed to be accidental. Two teens on a second floor balcony were rescued...


A fire in a northwest Las Vegas home on the morning of February 24 caused $75,000 damage.  Fire investigators determined the fire started in the laundry room of the home, it is believed to be accidental. Two teens on a second floor balcony were rescued by firefighters because their escape route was cut off by dense smoke. A pet dog died in the fire.

Firefighters responded to 9013 Zinkmist Court (Fort Apache/Iron Mountain) at 1:06 a.m. Friday.  Occupants told 9-1-1 operators that their house was filling with smoke, but they did not know the source. They believed it might be coming from the kitchen area.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find the large, two-story house full of dense smoke. Two teens were outside on a balcony to escape the smoke. They were rescued by firefighters. Firefighters entered the home and found the fire in the laundry room and extinguished in a few minutes.

No one was injured during the incident. One pet dog that was overcome by smoke was rescued by firefighters. Firefighters tried to revive the dog, but were unable to.

The fire caused $75,000 damage.