- Command is SIMPLE
- Command conveys INTENT and OBJECTIVES
- Command is not emotionally attached to the incident.
- Ego Management is in place at all levels of command.
- Command must set the Strategy early and be a tactical genius.
- Command must constantly evaluate and communicate objectives based upon intelligence.
Failure to follow these principles will result in the following:
Symptoms of absence
- The fire ground will be in complete CHAOS and conflicting operations will occur.
- Non-Objective based operations are occurring on the fire ground.
- Role conflict will occur between task groups and divisions if they are established at all.
- Dynamic Risk Assessments and ongoing continuing evaluations of the fire ground will not occur.
- Active communications will be absent from the fire ground.
The dichotomy of leadership on the fireground and the establishment of critical and c=necessary fire ground behaviors is dependent upon the principles stated above. The dichotomy of leadership on the fireground and the establishment of critical and necessary fire ground behaviors is dependent upon the principles stated above.fireground behaviors are based in understanding, training and policy or directive. Without those, you’re just hoping for the best and "Hoping for the best is NOT an Incident Action Plan".