Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IN to NC

MembersZone Subscriber

Default IN to NC

Greetings all,

I am currently on Active orders on a military installation serving as a 21M (firefighter) with the U.S. Army in Indiana. There is a very real possibility that I am going to be moved to North Carolina within the year, and I am looking for options to continue my education in the Charlotte area.

I am currently working toward both my Fire Science and Paramedic Science associate through Ivy Tech Community College. Does anyone know of some school in the Charlotte area that I could possibly transfer to? I'm pretty worried at the moment that I'm not going to be able to finish either one due to credits not transferring or not having the programs available.

Appreciate any suggestions or information I can get.

Hooah!

Forum Member

Default IN to NC?

First I would check with your state and see if any of your fire certifications will transfer. NC is real funny about which certifications they will accept. You can check the NC website and see which ones will. ncdoi.com then go to the osfm section and follow the links. As far as schools in the area check with UNC Charlotte and Central Peidmont Community College (cpcc). I know they both offer various programs that may meet your needs.

Hoorah!!!!
    Last edited by frontdoor; 05-02-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Thread Information