Thread: resqtec cutter

Forum Member

Default resqtec cutter

Does anyone on here have Resqtec tools ? We have been looking at their G6 cutter and recently had a demo with it. Do any of you have any experience with this cutter or Resqtec in general ? If so , what's your opinion on it. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Forum Member

Check your p.m.

Forum Member

I was invited to an extrication event last month. I got hands on with Hurst, Holmatro, TNT, Genesis and Resqtek.
    TNT cut well, but was not and is not as of FDIC NFPA compliant. Later in the day it got dropped by an instructor and the pressure hose broke off, further highlighting the poor design of a connection under the tool. The Genesis was heavy and unbalanced but cut decently. It had issues with hinges and kick panels. The res q tek was by far the biggest disappointment. I have seen the newer series for three plus years at shows, but they rarely use them. The G6 and G6W were both available. Both were very heavy and very slow moving. I asked the rep if there was a problem, he checked the tools and said all was fine ( a guy out of MO). The tools would not cut the hinges on a monte carlo. The rep tried also, and said they were hardened hinges??? what??
    We cut the same hinges with the Centaur and Holmatro.
    To finish, Hurst was heavy also, and the couplings were horribly.
    Ok, I lean again to Holmatro, a little slower, but no issues with cutting on even the 2007 model cars that were present.
    Make your own decisions by putting them on cars, yourself.
    Last edited by hrtrescue10; 04-11-2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: spelling

MembersZone Subscriber

We had a demo set and broke two cutters working on an old cop car. Thought they were poor performers to put it mildly. Hydraulic rescue tools are big ticket items, do your homework and do it right the first time, even if it costs more you will be better off in the long run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KAPNKRNCH View Post
    Check your p.m.
    Thanks. Check your pm

Quote Originally Posted by hrtrescue10 View Post
    I was invited to an extrication event last month. I got hands on with Hurst, Holmatro, TNT, Genesis and Resqtek. TNT cut well, but was not and is not as of FDIC NFPA compliant. Later in the day it got dropped by an instructor and the pressure hose broke off, further highlighting the poor design of a connection under the tool. The Genesis was heavy and unbalanced but cut decently. It had issues with hinges and kick panels. The res q tek was by far the biggest disappointment. I have seen the newer series for three plus years at shows, but they rarely use them. The G6 and G6W were both available. Both were very heavy and very slow moving. I asked the rep if there was a problem, he checked the tools and said all was fine ( a guy out of MO). The tools would not cut the hinges on a monte carlo. The rep tried also, and said they were hardened hinges??? what??We cut the same hinges with the Centaur and Holmatro. To finish, Hurst was heavy also, and the couplings were horribly.Ok, I lean again to Holmatro, a little slower, but no issues with cutting on even the 2007 model cars that were present. Make your own decisions by putting them on cars, yourself.
    I could not disagree more, We evaluated Hurst,Holmatro And RESQTEC. By far the RESQTEC out performed the other tools not to mention the comfort and balance of the tools.RESQTEC has cut every thing we put against it including cold rolled steel that neither Hurst or Holmatro* could cut. The G6 is a awesome cutter that in "the right hands", is a assett to any RESCUE squad. I am not "tool bashing",the tools are only as good as the operator and the training prior to a incident. I recommend demo as many tools possible and*

Forum Member

If you read other forums such as the one hydraulic tools Best or something like that. You will have a better idea. as I posted there it all depends on what you want to do and what is the tool design for. AGAIN I agree totaly that everything has to do with TRAINING AND MAINTAINANCE. Every one who tries to seel you a brand will say is the best. Just do your homework and if you have the oportunity test as many brands as you can use same cars and materials and do it when rested if not even your gloves will feel heavy. Make a list on things you spect from your HRT and try everyone in my country there aren't many brands to test. Actually some dealer contacted me saying that they are going tho bring the G6, G6W and all ResQtec so although I tested before. will see what happends down here.

KEEP SAFE

Thread Information