Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default fundraising ideas

Anyone have good fundraising ideas? we do car washes, pasta nights and our most sucessful one is a pancake breakfast w/ Applebee's. looking for some more ideas.

Forum Member

Did you attempt a search???

Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
    Search took 0.02 seconds.
    http://forums.firehouse.com/search.php?searchid=559464
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

haha. I like how you put a quote of the search results
    -COURAGE-VIGILANCE-DUTY-HONOR-
    Fort Worth Fire Department

Learn your job
    Educate your team
    Appreciate their efforts
    Double your own efforts
    Earn their respect
    Return it to them

Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous? Do not be terrified, Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go!

---Joshua 1:9

Aluminum cans. Put a big ol bin in front of the firehouse, and have people drop em off. Some places pay up to $0.70 a lb.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Aluminum cans. Put a big ol bin in front of the firehouse, and have people drop em off. Some places pay up to $0.70 a lb.
    Around here, all aluminum cans get turned in for money and ALL of that money goes to the ACBC (Aluminum Cans for Burned Children). The department usually donates around $2,000 every year - The can pile behind the station at the end of the month is usually pretty big. You know when the weather's was nice when the pile is heaping... Don't know if that's good or bad.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Default More ideas

If you are trying to raise money for your junior or explorer post, you should try talking to local business owners such stores and restraunts and see if they would let you put a empty coffee can with your departments name on it for fundraising some where in their business place. It works well especially if its near cash registers, due to the high amount of coins and dollars being exchanged consequently it does bring in alot of money. Just simply cover it with some fire type art and put a hole or slot in the top of it and let it do the rest. you will be amazed at how quickly it could fill up.
    If your department is trying to find a new fundraiser, try having "firetruck rides" at major local event, such as a town carnival, or parade or some type of town celebration. Simply ask for a minimum donation of $1 dollar per person per ride and find a route not too long, not too short. Many depts in my area do this and bring in around a few thousand dollars.
    Good Luck!

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by NFD1957 View Post
    If your department is trying to find a new fundraiser, try having "firetruck rides" at major local event, such as a town carnival, or parade or some type of town celebration. Simply ask for a minimum donation of $1 dollar per person per ride and find a route not too long, not too short. Many depts in my area do this and bring in around a few thousand dollars.
    Good Luck!

that might not work because Diesal is $4 a gallon

fire truck rides sound risky w/ insurance- what happends if there is an accident? Looking for fundraisers for our Explorers, our Commissioners will not allow 'begging"- boot drives and such. Our best fundraiser is a pancake breakfast w/ Applebee's resturant, looking for other ideas.

Forum Member

my post got local companys or stores to donate things... gift cards, bike, free pizza, cord of wood. and a few others... we sold rafle tickets and had a drawing... we raised like 2,500 dollers...

then theres always car washes!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton71E1 View Post
    my post got local companys or stores to donate things... gift cards, bike, free pizza, cord of wood. and a few others... we sold rafle tickets and had a drawing... we raised like 2,500 dollers...

then theres always car washes!
    If you're on an Explorer Post, you (as in the Explorer member or even the adult memebrs) can not sell raffle tickets. It violates the BSA Rules and Regulations.
    There is a FAQ type page at this link on page 2- http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/34427.pdf
    Firefighter/EMT

my post usually will do pancake breakfast's, car wash's, fire prevention week, fill the boot(for the MDA not the post), and a fun one is open house at the fire station.

MembersZone Subscriber

watch out the BSA police, some times you need to do stuff agenst the rules to get stuff done, because last time I checked the BSA doesn't write us a check.
    www.wildlandfire.com
    Up To Date Wildland Fire Information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rawbff15 View Post
    watch out the BSA police, some times you need to do stuff agenst the rules to get stuff done, because last time I checked the BSA doesn't write us a check.
    You never know, they might give us something one of these days...

MembersZone Subscriber

haha I don't think we will see money any time soon but mabie they will give us some more restrictions
    www.wildlandfire.com

Forum Member

haha I don't think we will see money any time soon but mabie they will give us some more restrictions
    I'm not going to publicly say we don't follow them... but you get the idea

Forum Member

I have some problems with your words here...
    First and foremost - Don't call people names over the internet... It's poor representation of your Post and department, whom you have reference to in your signature. And you bring down the level or respect that the Senior Forum Members have for us.

Second - Rules are rules. Rules are not meant to be broken. So what you're telling me [by saying some times you have to break rules to get stuff done], that you were really hungry so it was okay for you to go 40 mph over the speedlimit, through a school zone, to get to Sonic? Or you are 21 years old and your 16 year old buddy wants you to buy him and his friends alcohol and cigarettes, so you do it.
    Sorry... But that's wrong.

Third - It doesn't matter if the BSA is writing us checks... The BSA doesn't write Boy Scout Troops off checks either... Last time I checked, the BSA offered us pretty good insurance coverage with the money we give to them (and I know this personally). When you grow up and get out of school on to work, will mommy and daddy pay all of your bills and for your gas? 99.998% of the time, the answer will be no. You can't depend on someone else, or the BSA, to keep your post in existence or to spoon feed you all the way. You can't expect your parents to spoon feed you all the way - Well, if they do, good luck when you get into the real world.

If your department doesn't give your Post money, if they don't fully support you, you have to do some fundraising if you want new equipment ot go to certain events such as Musters or even the National Conference. Unfortunately, the BSA doesn't allow the sale of raffle tickets... Boo Freaking Hoo. There are literally THOUSANDS of other ways to raise money... Selling raffle tickets may be easy, but calling your local pizza joint to set up a time block in which you get a certain percentage of all sales is just as easy - Hell, the one I just set up last week, the company is printing the fliers for us. McDonalds also does this, but you have to do your own advertising...
    Firefighter/EMT

MembersZone Subscriber

I was not calling anyone names all i was saying is that some times you have to break a rule to get something better out of it.

How did you get excessive speeding, and buying Alcohol for minors, from selling raffle tickets.

I am guessing that you, correct me if I am wrong, you dont have adminitrative duties, and you dont take care of your posts money,so you dont how hard it is to raise money for your post, to pay for that BSA insurance, to buy gear and go to events like explorer academys, our post also does a lot of community service projects and that all comes out of out money as a fact we are doing project right now thats costing us $2,000 and we have to do a lot of fund raising to fund this project and it has not been easy. before i took over i post i never realized how hard it is to deal with fund for something like an explorer post.

Also our post has full support from our department 3 of the 4 of our chiefs were past explorers, we get a $500 budget, but $500 only goes so far.
    www.wildlandfire.com

Forum Member

I was not calling anyone names all i was saying is that some times you have to break a rule to get something better out of it.

How did you get excessive speeding, and buying Alcohol for minors, from selling raffle tickets.
    How? You said sometimes you need to break the rules to get something better out of it... So by saying that sometimes you have to break the rules, you're saying that it's ok to sometimes use excessive speeding to get somewhere "because you had to".

I am guessing that you, correct me if I am wrong, you dont have adminitrative duties, and you dont take care of your posts money,so you dont how hard it is to raise money for your post, to pay for that BSA insurance, to buy gear and go to events like explorer academys, our post also does a lot of community service projects and that all comes out of out money as a fact we are doing project right now thats costing us $2,000 and we have to do a lot of fund raising to fund this project and it has not been easy. before i took over i post i never realized how hard it is to deal with fund for something like an explorer post.
    Actually, I'm the ranking officer of our Post. I do know how it is to raise money because 80% of the money our Post has comes from fundraisers and the profit (which isn't very much) that we get from our Muster that we run The other 20% is from private company/corporate/personal donations. And actually, other than one advisor, it's my job to look for ways to get money (and I used the pizza one before because I just set one of those up the other day with a local pizza chain/franchise).

Also our post has full support from our department 3 of the 4 of our chiefs were past explorers, we get a $500 budget, but $500 only goes so far.
    I wasn't speaking at your post directly. Rather, I was speaking in general.
    Firefighter/EMT

How about bottle and can drives, just put up advertisments for the post and have people bring them to the fire station on a specific day when you and the rest of the post agrees to meet, and collect cans and bottles from people, sort them, and redeem them.
    Last edited by Motorhead90; 04-26-2008 at 07:45 PM.
    "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up"-Steven Wright

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead90 View Post
    How about bottle and can drives, just put up advertisments for the post and have people bring them to the fire station on a specific day when you and the rest of the post agrees to meet, and collect cans and bottles from people, sort them, and redeem them.
    We talked about this already...

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Around here, all aluminum cans get turned in for money and ALL of that money goes to the ACBC (Aluminum Cans for Burned Children). The department usually donates around $2,000 every year - The can pile behind the station at the end of the month is usually pretty big. You know when the weather's was nice when the pile is heaping... Don't know if that's good or bad.
    Firefighter/EMT

Thread Information