Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default 9/11 conspiracy theories busted

Anyone else watching the program on the history channel about all the crazy conspiracy theories floating around in regards to the 9/11 attacks? The history channel is taking them all on, from the most common ones like "Building 7 was rigged with explosives" to some newer and even more disgusting ones, like "the phone calls made to loved ones in the final moments of United 93 were all faked by the government."

Some people will believe anything they find in google results.

I'll see if it re-airs any time soon.

Edit: Well, apparantly this is an old program, but still it is refreshing to see some common sense injected into history from time to time.

I thought I posted this in off-duty, but oh well.
    Last edited by GodSendRain; 04-13-2008 at 06:39 PM.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

yeah iv seen it before plus all the other 9/11 conspiracy garbage on the internet. about 2.5 years ago i was a pretty strong believer in the theories myself.

when it comes to conspiracy theories the fact of the matter is that they feed on people who are very anti government and under the current administration it becomes easier and easier to think that way.

for me, it was like i was being exposed to all these new facts about the biggest event iv been alive to witness. for some reason(and i cant explain why) it was hard to question the things they were saying.

on that program one guy said something that i felt really hit home with me. he said "its very hard to try to talk any sense into conspiracy theorists because they become very emotionally involved in the subject itself." that is absolutely a true statement.

im happy to say iv moved past that part of my life and i see now that conspiracy theorists are nothing but weak minded wind bags. to me, if you say 9/11 was a government conspiracy, your no better than the people who say the holocaust was a fake.

the government isnt out to get you. they just want your money

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
    im happy to say iv moved past that part of my life and i see now that conspiracy theorists are nothing but weak minded wind bags. to me, if you say 9/11 was a government conspiracy, your no better than the people who say the holocaust was a fake.
    Please tell me you weren't a firefighter when you believed in that crap.

Any fireman who doesn't understand why the 3 buildings collapsed should have to spend 10 years in an academy.

Forum Member

no no of course not. im still in high school. i was a freshman when i believed all that. i got over all that garbage way before i wanted to be a firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
    no no of course not. im still in high school. i was a freshman when i believed all that. i got over all that garbage way before i wanted to be a firefighter
    Thank God.
    Pat yourself on the back. The morons writing that stuff are often adults.

Oh, and go to bed! It's a school night.

Forum Member

haha yes sir

MembersZone Subscriber

Basically most conspiracy theorist fail to recognize human behavior. How often does a secret between just two people remain completely secret? How about three? 5? 150 people? In todays "throw 'em under the bus" age, a widespead government theory is laughable! How many people would have taken to pull off a conspiracy of any one part of 9/11? Thousands? Not one would have second thoughts? Or turn for political/financial gain? Think of how rich you'd be if you knew the "truth" about who shot JFK? Or MLK? Look at how deep political candidates dig into each others past? No one would ever uncover these conspiracies? Most of these theorist just want to believe the government is the root of all evil and will not listen to reason as with every refutable arguement their conspiracy has to grow? Or maybe the government is paying me to write this?

Wait a minute. You mean to tell me that even though its on the internet, it may not be true??!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Basically most conspiracy theorist fail to recognize human behavior. How often does a secret between just two people remain completely secret? How about three? 5? 150 people? In todays "throw 'em under the bus" age, a widespead government theory is laughable! How many people would have taken to pull off a conspiracy of any one part of 9/11? Thousands? Not one would have second thoughts? Or turn for political/financial gain? Think of how rich you'd be if you knew the "truth" about who shot JFK? Or MLK? Look at how deep political candidates dig into each others past? No one would ever uncover these conspiracies? Most of these theorist just want to believe the government is the root of all evil and will not listen to reason as with every refutable arguement their conspiracy has to grow? Or maybe the government is paying me to write this?
    The other thing that I think is funny is that most of the people who think the government is all powerful and can pull off these conspiracies and keep them secret are the one's who critizice the same government for it's incompetance in situations like Katrina.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Eng34FF View Post
    The other thing that I think is funny is that most of the people who think the government is all powerful and can pull off these conspiracies and keep them secret are the one's who critizice the same government for it's incompetance in situations like Katrina.
    Katrina was another conspiracy to take our eyes off the war or to stop focusing on the real 9/11 conspiracy!

That's how these idiot's answer questions...must be a conspiracy to hide the conspiracy!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Katrina was another conspiracy to take our eyes off the war or to stop focusing on the real 9/11 conspiracy!

That's how these idiot's answer questions...must be a conspiracy to hide the conspiracy!
    Since the government's attempts to destroy the black population with AIDS and crack failed, they made a back room deal with Mother Nature! Puuuuhhhhhlllleeeezzzzzeeee!!! All the black helicopter, new world order people need to get a life.

Thread Information