MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ringers new structural firefighting glove

Did anyone else go through the display at FDIC? The glove itself looks like it is going to fit a lot better and give more flexibility than whats on the market right now. But I really don't like how they are marketing it though. It seems to me they are relying on the 343 logo to sell the gloves instead of how the gloves will actually perform on the fire ground.

Forum Member

Thats a freakin disgrace that they have 343 on the gloves. Im writing to them right now!

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes, they do. I already wrote my letter. You can go here

http://www.the343project.com/ and it has their whole ad.

Forum Member

only 3.43 for every item? What a joke! Does anyone have pics of this setup?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    Thats a freakin disgrace that they have 343 on the gloves. Im writing to them right now!
    You better hurry before they copyright 343...
    IAFF

MembersZone Subscriber

they weren't allowing photos of the inside. And I agree with everyone. sh*tty to make MORE money off that day.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Forum Member

I guess I can somewhat see where someone might be ****ed and think they are using the 343 to make more money.

But I look at it like this. They could have just made a glove and kept all the profit. But instead, they made a glove and are donating a portion of the profit to good FF foundations.

Is it really all that bad?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WebFire View Post
    I guess I can somewhat see where someone might be ****ed and think they are using the 343 to make more money.

But I look at it like this. They could have just made a glove and kept all the profit. But instead, they made a glove and are donating a portion of the profit to good FF foundations.

Is it really all that bad?
    Why not make a glove and donate a portion of the profits without putting 343 on it???

Forum Member

I did not see the booth at FDIC, however I dont feel that the company is doing anything to make money off 9/11. I do know a few of the people at Ringers, and can say they are a great company.

From what I have heard is that Ringers is going to give back $$ to foundations.

Plus with Ringers, they are a company that is about firefighter safety, look at some of the other gloves they have come out with. Protection of firefighters is key for them.

With the other talk of glove companies I think that ringers is looking out for firefighter safety. I did not feel the glove but why should we keep using oven mits that make it hard for us to do our job?

Stay safe,
    SMK

Forum Member

Ringer's doesnt care about firefighters, if they did, they wouldnt charge 40 bucks for a pair of gloves that you can get for a quarter of the price with simple leather work gloves.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    Ringer's doesnt care about firefighters, if they did, they wouldnt charge 40 bucks for a pair of gloves that you can get for a quarter of the price with simple leather work gloves.
    YEP!! Whenever I stopped to look at the spiffy colors and padding I always made sure to tell the vendor, I spend 18 bucks at Walmart or Home Depot for a pair of deer skin leather. Work the same and last a lot longer...

MembersZone Subscriber

I sent an email too. These people disgust me. Trying to make a dime on the names of fallen brothers.

Stay Safe.

.........and don't buy from Ringers
    Chris Polimeni
    Prince George's County FD
    Back at the Big 29er

Forum Member

Then buy your Wal-Mart leather gloves and don't worry about it. I really don't see the big deal. It's not like they are selling a product that can't exist with 343 on it. If they were, then I would say the are profiting from it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebFire View Post
    Then buy your Wal-Mart leather gloves and don't worry about it. I really don't see the big deal. It's not like they are selling a product that can't exist with 343 on it. If they were, then I would say the are profiting from it.
    Why not just make the glove, not associate "343" with it, and still just donate the paltry 3.43 sum? By associating "343" with product, whether you choose to believe it or not is making money off that day and the losses suffered.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Resq1scnd2none View Post
    Why not just make the glove, not associate "343" with it, and still just donate the paltry 3.43 sum? By associating "343" with product, whether you choose to believe it or not is making money off that day and the losses suffered.
    They could have done that. But then what would separate it from the other gloves in the line? I believe they did it to put some emotion into it, and perhaps sway someone to buy it based on the fact they are contributing to a good cause.

Now, if they were using "343" and not donating to charity, then I would say they were profiting from it.

Forum Member

What about all the people that are running around with hats, shirts, and stickers on there cars that say 343, 9-11, etc. We all buy the stuff. Most of the stuff that is bought is all profit, yet we have no problem buying it or wearing. I know there are some legit places that do give back, but a majority does not.

I hate Ringers products, but at least Ringers is donating some of the profits. That is alot better than most places.

MembersZone Subscriber

I won't get into the 343 aspect of the thing, but I'm sorry - to have a glove enclosed in a case at the largest fire trade show in the U.S., and then not allow people to try it, etc. - just marketing hoopla. You can bet this thing will be over $100 a pair list price. At what point do firefighting gloves get just too darn expensive?

I tried on a newer glove from a competitor, great dexterity once broken in (the new stuff wasn't bad, but what a difference breaking them in made), great TPP, already has certification and the price will be where the Pro-Tech 8 gloves were. I know what the next glove I'm buying for our guys will be. Did anyone check the Fireman's Shield/Dragon Fire booth at FDIC? I'm okay with their gimmick - you get a chance at a one year lease of a Hummer or something with every pair of gloves purchased. No I don't work for them... The folks I sell trucks for may start selling them though.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

I guess once people stopped using the Lactate that they had to branch out into other products...

Forum Member

Why not make a glove and donate a portion of the profits without putting 343 on it???
    Because then the whackers wouldn't buy that extra set to save as a "collector's item."

Forum Member

What about all the people that are running around with hats, shirts, and stickers on there cars that say 343, 9-11, etc. We all buy the stuff.
    Not all of us. I don't need 15 cheesy t-shirts to show respect for the fallen.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Not all of us. I don't need 15 cheesy t-shirts to show respect for the fallen.
    I guess there are exceptions. You are excused.

Forum Member

I guess there are exceptions. You are excused.
    Yeah? Well, just keep buying that crap and lining the users pockets. I'm sure it makes you feel more like a real hero and really impresses the ladies.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Because then the whackers wouldn't buy that extra set to save as a "collector's item."
    Then what would they have to sell on Ebay???

Forum Member

I clicked on the Contact the President link, still have not heard anything.

Forum Member

Okay...while on the subject. I bought t-shirts while at FDIC. One the guys from Charleston were selling. And the other the FDNY pipes/drums were selling (and a CD). Does that make me a "whacker", even though I know the money is going to them?

Thread Information