Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Cool Cpat Cancellation in Atlanta, Ga.

I am a firefighter in Baton Rouge, La. and i'm trying to get a job in the atlanta fire dept. I received an e-mail a week ago stating that atlanta fd was having a cpat orientation on may 3. today i received an e-mail stating that the orientation has been cancelled until futher notice. Can anyone in AFD shine a little more light on this issue for me? I'm not complaining at all about it being cancelled, i would just like to know little more info being that i'm 2 states away. thanks in advance for any help.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fyafighter85 View Post
    I am a firefighter in Baton Rouge, La. and i'm trying to get a job in the atlanta fire dept. I received an e-mail a week ago stating that atlanta fd was having a cpat orientation on may 3. today i received an e-mail stating that the orientation has been cancelled until futher notice. Can anyone in AFD shine a little more light on this issue for me? I'm not complaining at all about it being cancelled, i would just like to know little more info being that i'm 2 states away. thanks in advance for any help.
    This doesn't shock me to much to read this. The city reported last year that it was in debt of over $70 million. Today Mayor Franklin is releasing her budget proposal so you can check the many Atlanta media outlets to get insight on that. One proposal was to cut 300+ police and fire jobs, but even she hopes not to. I believe they have already cut 30 jobs with AFRD Administration. I wouldn't expect anything for awhile to happen.

Default Atlanta Fire

We might be laying off a few of the recruits that are in the academy now. I am sure that we will be doing the CPAT sometime in '09. Just make sure you keep intouch with recruitment every couple of months to keep your application active.

Thread Information