Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clark County FD

MembersZone Subscriber

Post Clark County FD

Anyone in the last academy? I have taken the psyc and have to take the drug screen in may. My question is; they cant tell me for sure if I have the job. I have my medic and other experience on a POC FD. So I just wait for the letter and then have to drive out there in 2 wks before the academy starts. I'm from MI. Also what is the hardest part about the academy? I always hear of a good # of drop-outs. Any other info that would help me would be great.
    Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Expect the unexpected, expect it to probably be the toughest 5-6 months of your life so far, if not ever. 4 hrs of sleep/night most likely with all of the extra goodies that get piled on you to do that you don't know about yet. Last I knew they tried to be very militaristic and liked to dish out a lot of punishment for everyone. So my advise is make sure you know what you're getting yourself into and that Clark County is what you think you want out of a job. You'll learn a lot about yourself whether you make it through or not, and you're right, a lot of people drop out, myself included, for various reasons. They were very intense, and now that I look back it really is for a reason, some of them are very serious about their jobs. I have a career FF/Medic job in a different state now and it's a completely different atmoshphere here, whether it's for the better or not I'm not sure yet but like I said, I certainly learned a lot about myself in those 12 weeks I completed. Just be ready to bust your *** all day 7 days/wk for 5 months, literally. Especially if you're married and/or have kids (which I wasn't and didn't have). You'll need a lot of help to get through it, so make sure your family/friends, etc are ready for it and to not have you available to do much with them for that time.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ccfd

Thanks for the info and sorry it didnt work out for you. I am coming from the east side of the country so it is alittle hike. I feel I have invested alot of time and money into this so if the opportuntiy arises I have to take it. If I never tried I will never know what might have happened. It seems that you have another job now so that is a good thing. It is just hard to get these jobs nowdays and we have to take and try whatevery we get. Thanks again for the info.

Thread Information