MembersZone Subscriber

Default 2008 Dallas Process

I just wanted to start this to see how many other were going through Dallas process Keep it going guys

Forum Member

I'm still in it. How was the CPAT walk through? Hard?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll be at the CPAT. I was reading in the other Dallas post someone said they heard only 350 are still in the running? I know there were only like 800 or 900 who took the test, but it couldn't have knocked out that many? Am I missing something? But as already said, prep hard everyone!

I heard that there was about 430 people left in the process. Also heard that they lose alot of people after the college entrance exam.

Did anyone take the practice physical

MembersZone Subscriber

in response to both questions 1) the walk through was good i have taken other physicals and this does not seem to be any harder than the rest. 2) they said that there was only around 600 to 700 people who tested. we were told at the walk through that there were only about 350 people left.

Forum Member

Are they still planning on hiring around 100? Will we we find out where we are ranked, I just got my score and that was it.

MembersZone Subscriber

350 out of 900? crazy
    Last edited by Nate28; 04-19-2008 at 12:43 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

they are supposed to hire around a 150 how did everyone do on the civil test

Forum Member

anyone do the CPAT run through yesterday? I was there...it wasn't too bad. They said there were around 400 people left. I assume the accuplacer will drop some people as well.

MembersZone Subscriber

hiring 150 and only 400 left... that pretty much means as long as you pass every test they give you should have really good odds.

MembersZone Subscriber

yeah i agree and you get ranked higher if you have certs or degrees

Forum Member

how many classes do you think they will have if they hire 150. As it is right now if you do really well and get in on the first class you don't start the academy until october 28. Anyone know how long there recruit class last?

Forum Member

im in. when is the physical test supposed to be?

Forum Member

testing is 05/18 - 06-27, I think they will contact us with our date. Have they already had the accuplacer?

MembersZone Subscriber

no... im taking the accuplacer this saturday. is it 100 or 150 that they are hiring?

MembersZone Subscriber

I still think there is too much rumor going on. 150 out of 400 are the best odds I have ever heard of! I'm from out of state, so I already took the accuplacer at a community college for the DFD.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampaulso View Post
    I still think there is too much rumor going on. 150 out of 400 are the best odds I have ever heard of! I'm from out of state, so I already took the accuplacer at a community college for the DFD.
    what was the accuplacer like? im taking it sunday at 830

MembersZone Subscriber

Accuplacer is nothing to get worked up over. It's just a college placement exam. Reading and math. I took both algebra and arithmetic for the math portions, but not sure which was required. I'd suggest brushing up on working math problems by hand if you haven't already.

Forum Member

I have a friend going through dallas and I just find it so hard to believe only 400 are left for no reason, there is no way over 50% failed or didn't turn in the packet. If this is actually true, it is kinda scary because it does not leave that many to choose from.....example....fort worth having 1200 to choose for 30 spots. I got booted there for taking an antibiotic that wasn't prescribed to me. How many are going to be left after backgrounds and CPAT....200....150...? Whats even the point of interviews after that...? unless they don't actually end up taking 150.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wptxaggie07 View Post
    yeah i agree and you get ranked higher if you have certs or degrees
    I think you have been misinformed. It is a civil service department, so as long as you have the min standards, in theory nothing like that can move your ranking up.
    Last edited by TechGuy; 04-24-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuy View Post
    I think you have been misinformed. It is a civil service department, so as long as you have the min standards, in theory nothing like that can move your ranking up.
    Think he's talking about higher ranking due to extra points added to entry test... I know here if have all your Fire Certs you get 5 extra points and Military also gets 5 extra points... So if have both your 10 points ahead even before testing...

MembersZone Subscriber

does anyone know the passing scores for the accuplacer?

Forum Member

Default Accuplacer Passing Scores

They never actually said that I can remember, but the registration form that we handed into El Centro said something 67 for Math and 78 for Reading Comprehension. I'm thinking that is the scores you are wondering about. Good luck to ya!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuy View Post
    Gonna have to go with Techguy on this one...

Sounds like the only thing that certifications and degrees are going to help with is showing the decision makers that you already have the aptitude to complete the medical training. That seems to be a big deal for Dallas as 97% of their calls are EMS related now (according to the recruiters). They probably don't want to invest a lot of money and send recruits to fire academy only to have them fail out of Paramedic training.

Thread Information