Default AF Officer Careers.....?

All,

I am completing AFROTC and was looking at the AFSC's offered. I did not see any Officer Firefighter programs, is this only offered to enlisted?

Would I have to go through CE to find any jobs in this field?

Thank you for your time, I look forward to your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankah3 View Post
    All,

I am completing AFROTC and was looking at the AFSC's offered. I did not see any Officer Firefighter programs, is this only offered to enlisted?

Would I have to go through CE to find any jobs in this field?

Thank you for your time, I look forward to your response.

Correct. there is no officer positions in the fire house on active duty AF. All fire fighters in the Air Force report to a civil engineer comander and is under the CE squadron

MembersZone Subscriber

There are no set Officer positions in Fire and Emergency Services (3E7X1). The CE Commander or one of the few officers that work at AFCESA or in each MAJCOM will have just a little bit of involvement in Fire Protection. Other than that, you have to be Enlisted to be a Fire Dawg.

The CE Commander is the base Fire Marshal. It's simply a title; we all know the Fire Chief is the person who runs the show! {wink, wink}

As for officers eswhere, each MAJCOM will have a Civil Engineer (A7) that has some input over that MAJCOM's Fire Protection division. AFCESA has I believe one officer that works with the Enlisted program manager / AF Fire Chief.

MembersZone Subscriber

The day the Air Force allows officers to be fire fighters or have any involvement other than the CE Commander is the day I think many fire fighters will leave, officers have no place near a fire house unless they are visiting and even then more than 10 min is way to much. Dont get me wrong I know a bunch of good officers but I also know a bunch of officers I wouldnt trust watching my dog.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by usafff58 View Post
    The day the Air Force allows officers to be fire fighters or have any involvement other than the CE Commander is the day I think many fire fighters will leave, officers have no place near a fire house unless they are visiting and even then more than 10 min is way to much. Dont get me wrong I know a bunch of good officers but I also know a bunch of officers I wouldnt trust watching my dog.
    isn't the officer "firefighter" training really tough? something like three days at goodfellow?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ryguy1 View Post
    isn't the officer "firefighter" training really tough? something like three days at goodfellow?
    Was your "firefighter" training really tough?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AFFDSUCKS View Post

I think that he was being sarcastic!!
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

i remember about a year and a half ago they were seriously considering having the cef flight fall under cex so there could be an officer in charge of the over all flight. A lot of the Orons in the world don't really like the fact that some silly enlisted guy has so much budget authority as the fire chief does.. and that he is essentially in charge of around 60-70% of most CE sq's.. needless to say that didn't make it all the way through the reforms.. and I'm happier for it.
    -peter

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by AFFDSUCKS View Post
    super tough! harderest fireschool in the world! barel made it. amn dropping like fly's all around me.......

Thread Information