Info request for FD's that utilize Paramedic Engine Co.
My FD is about to add Paramedic Engine Co.'s to augment our ALS ambulances. We are a large, urban fire department with four-person staffing. The paramedic responsibility will be added to several engines city-wide. Any info would be appreciated but I do have a few specific questions:
1) Is the officer a paramedic?
2) How many of the assigned people are paramedics?
3) What are the roles of each member on the paramedic company?
4) Do the paramedic engines answer "minor" runs alone and call an ambulance as needed for transport OR does an ambulance automatically answer with the paramedic engine?
5) What is the run volume of your paramedic engines?
Any info will be appreciated.