Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Permanently Removed

Default swiftwater rescue

Hello everyone
    I am the rescue school coordinator for the Adventure Sports Center in Western Md. I trying to get some information from you guys about what you think, I have a man-made whitewater course that can push 250,000 gpm (600 cfs) and I can change the features of my rapids from nice and fluffly to oh my God I can't get out. My question is this something the fire industry would use? And should they?
    If you go to www.adventuresportscenter.com there is a video of the course to give you an idea of the course. If you want to see something funny go to Youtube and watch me get crushed by a raft while surfing on my rescue board. look up man get hit by raft.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Wish

I just wish, I had a system like that in my country. See, down here in Costa Rica we do swift water training in actual rivers like Reventazon and others which are extremly good for rafting and the real thing but for training a system like yours would be more conftable lets say if you can control from nice to the worst.

KEEP SAFE!

MembersZone Subscriber

i've been through the Indiana River Rescue School. They have a white water course they can control also. It's in South Bend Indiana. Check out their website www.indianariverrescue.com or contact me for some info.

MembersZone Subscriber

Swiftwater...

The fire service, especially those that have the responsibility to respond to swift water incidents could and very well should take advantage of coming to a course like yours to receive "controlled" training. You have a unique asset that would be beneficial to each member of a rescue squad.

Are you getting feedback in preparation of opening up a training class to fire and emergency personnel in the future?

Kevin

He isn't going to answer he's been banned. He plugged that website alot, but I think he was a genuine poster. Who knows? maybe it was spam.

MembersZone Subscriber

That's a shame. He had a great opportunity to offer some good training for those in the swiftwater emergency response field.

Thread Information