Default the stupid louisiana labor law

at my department fire cadets cannot have gear,pagers,radios,and cannot drive in the pov code 3.i think that law is stupid the other fire department gives thier cadets everything

Forum Member

I suggest you delete the "POV code 3" part ASAP before you start WWIII.

Please.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerLt1991 View Post
    I suggest you delete the "POV code 3" part ASAP before you start WWIII.

Please.
    Smart idea. Some departments are different. Where you live you can't.... other people can. Oh well.
    ~But with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26~

~The very worst fire plan is no plan. The next worse is two plans. ~

~Stay Safe! Everyone Goes Home!~

Badgerland FOOL

Quote Originally Posted by firecadetc1 View Post
    at my department fire cadets cannot have gear,pagers,radios,and cannot drive in the pov code 3.i think that law is stupid the other fire department gives thier cadets everything
    Just a couple thoughts from some one who serves as an explorer post advisor...you are an explorer, you should not have pagers, radios etc. Enough said. As far as driving "code 3"...how old are you??? You more than likely have been driving for 1 or 2 years at the most, you are not ready to drive "code 3". Many full fledged adult volunteers aren't ready to drive "code 3". These laws/rules are put in place to protect you and keep you safe while you learn. Once you hit 18 you can get the turn out gear pagers and all that with a strong background provided by being in explorers. Until then, I'm sure your post will have a lot of great training and opportunities to play. But until you're 18, you don't belong on an emergency scene. Not bashing ya, just telling ya like it is. I hope you stay involved and can get past this perceived injustice. Best of luck.
    EGH-FTM-PTB-DPT

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mvfd27 View Post
    Just a couple thoughts from some one who serves as an explorer post advisor...you are an explorer, you should not have pagers, radios etc. Enough said. As far as driving "code 3"...how old are you??? You more than likely have been driving for 1 or 2 years at the most, you are not ready to drive "code 3". Many full fledged adult volunteers aren't ready to drive "code 3". These laws/rules are put in place to protect you and keep you safe while you learn. Once you hit 18 you can get the turn out gear pagers and all that with a strong background provided by being in explorers. Until then, I'm sure your post will have a lot of great training and opportunities to play. But until you're 18, you don't belong on an emergency scene. Not bashing ya, just telling ya like it is. I hope you stay involved and can get past this perceived injustice. Best of luck.
    +1 seeing young'uns code 3 would be ScArY!
    Last edited by ExplorerLt1991; 04-24-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Forum Member

Being that this is his first post I would have to say this is just someone who got bored, came up with a new user name and wants to start trouble.
    If your going to cry about doing the job you signed up for do us all a favor and quit, there are plenty of dedicated people standing in line for the best job in the world.

Firefighter/Paramedic

Forum Member

Wouldn't be the first time.....
    ~But with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26~

~The very worst fire plan is no plan. The next worse is two plans. ~

~Stay Safe! Everyone Goes Home!~

Forum Member

Do you know the reason why you are not allowed to have any of those things? It's because you are still a child, and as evidenced by your spelling and grammar, you should be more concerned with school than the fire department.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

My advice to you...GROW UP. That is the way the world is. You don't always get your way. Frankly, I don't believe explorers have any business responding emergency AT ALL, let alone in their own car. I also believe that explorers have no business in harms way at an emergency scene.

Readjust your attitude and you may make it in the fire service. Pout and get mad when it isn't what you think it should be and you will have nothing but trouble in your fire service career.

Forum Member

I can actually say that i have to agree with a lot of the other posters here in the sense that your an explorer yes im a Junior firefighter what ever ill speak my mind here. but heres what you have to realize with the Explorer post programs they get rules from the boy scouts then the departments rules for explorers so in some places you can do more than others..
    here where i am yes i carry a pager and yes i respond when the departments called and yes i have gear. NO i dont have a blue light or sirens or any other emergency lights on my car. In my car yes as my fathers a Volunteer firefighter at the department im a Jr. in. but i have never once used them nor will i as its not worth it when i go its either i make it to the call or i dont. Bottom line.
    Basically kid suck it up and learn to realise theres a reason why your department has those rules in place if you dont like it ask your Advisor or a Fire Chief about why you cant im sure theyll explain it to you.

makes good girls go bad

Wah wah wah.
    Blah blah blah.

You are there to learn.
    Absorb. No play wacker.
    There is plenty of time for you to drive like an idiot and kill someone later.
    Just wait until you are 18, so your parents aren't liable.

FM61...you are probably right.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Go away troll.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic 61 View Post
    Being that this is his first post I would have to say this is just someone who got bored, came up with a new user name and wants to start trouble.
    originally posted byFutureemt73193
    Wouldn't be the first time.....
    And it won't be the last!

PS: where in "Looziana" is the "my" and the "other" fire department? I couldn't find those little towns on the map!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 04-24-2008 at 11:06 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Just when I thought things were getting cleaned up aroudn here... The ***** hits the fan. Again. This cadet... has issues.

Here's my hijack attempt.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...326/deer-1.jpg
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...es/kittens.jpg
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...res/GZFZes.jpg
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...res/pRapem.jpg
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...res/Unique.jpg
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ctures/2-1.jpg
    Maybe Ronald McDonald traumatized him at an early age...

He's Baaaack.
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...6/untitled.jpg

ATHP's mascot-
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/DSCN3088.jpg

I really want this guy's job. He gets to climb up a 300 foot hill every morning to inspect every bolt.
    He's on Millenium Force at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio - The World's Best Amusement Park 10 years in a row. Cedar Point also has one of the tallest and fastest rides in the nation - Top Thrill Dragster - 400 feet tall and goes from 0 to 120 mph in like 6 seconds.

Please, kindly, remember to flush the toilet.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

makes good girls go bad

At least your man-crushes pic wasn't there this time.

I'm proud Bro.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    At least your man-crushes pic wasn't there this time.

I'm proud Bro.
    Ha. Ha. Very funny.

Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

makes good girls go bad

Love ya Bro!

(not in the same way you love him though.)

I'm just on a roll tonight. It started this afternoon in Medic school, continued at drill, and just kept on going here. You ain't my target. Just.....in my line of fire.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

***popcorn and beer on hand***

(beer, meaning I'm old enough to enjoy one on this forum, unlike some kids who think they are entitled to run emergent on calls in their POV as an explorer)
    The thoughts and opinions posted here are mine and mine alone and do not reflect the thoughts and or views of city or dept affiliation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jccrabby3084 View Post
    ***popcorn and beer on hand***

(beer, meaning I'm old enough to enjoy one on this forum, unlike some kids who think they are entitled to run emergent on calls in their POV as an explorer)
    I believe it is just "KID" not "kid(s)"

MembersZone Subscriber

What cadet post are you with????
    Shut the nozzle stupid, thats' smoke not fire!

Forum Member

Because of Yahoos like this, I cannot wait until 30 June when I report for basic training. Two months without perusing these forums will probably be theraputic.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

-alot of depts. are like this with explorers/cadets/juniors etc. including mine; that's the way it should be, i have my gear, that's all you need. They should give you gear, but that's it though. And as far as driving to calls, you get to the station when you get to the station. You're not a firefighter, you don't need to be at the fire.
    Last edited by Motorhead90; 04-25-2008 at 11:45 AM.
    "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up"-Steven Wright

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

No, no, no, not another stupid Louisiana moron....

We're not all that bad, guys. Seriously. I mean it.

Do you know the reason why you are not allowed to have any of those things? It's because you are still a child, and as evidenced by your spelling and grammar, you should be more concerned with school than the fire department.
    Actually, he really didn't misspell anything. I've seen worse.

Grow the hell up kid, you shouldnt be responding Code 3 to anything. If the "other" fire department lets their juniors do it, fine, that's their liability (and a bad move if you ask me). Your department doesn't allow it. Good for them. Get over it.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Forum Member

To the OP,

Follow Chief LeBlanc's advice. I mean hell, he's even got the stamp of approval as his avatar!!!!!!!!!!!

He must know what he's talking about!
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

There's guys and gals on my old volunteer department with burns in places you can't decently discuss,hearing problems,ruined marriages and even night- mares from some of the stuff they've seen.
    You can wait to do all that.Wait and learn how to SAFELY respond to the station before boarding the rig and having an officer or three to tell you what to do,when to do it and if you should be doing it at all.
    Cadets,explorers and even full member rookies are in training.That doesn't mean you have the knowledge to do the job on your own just yet.

Thread Information