Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question National Firefighter Selection Inventory

Has anybody here had any issues with the National Firefighter Selection Inventory written test? I recently took the test and was very disappointed with my results. The main issue I have is, how does one possibly calculate a percentage score for personality based questions? I'm even further confused by the NFSI test because their study guide specifically states that the personality questions "have no correct answer". If there is no correct answer, how can they score it?

The last version of this test I took had 105 general knowledge questions and 50 personality questions. I can only recall about 5 questions that were even remotely difficult to answer. Even if I assume I missed 10 general knowledge questions (which I know is not the case), that would still give me a 90%. My final score was 74%! That means my score on the personality portion was under 50%.

For the record, I took the practice exam and scored a 96%. Also, I have taken and passed the MMPI 2 personality test without any difficulty.

Anyone out there have similar troubles or concerns?

MembersZone Subscriber

I scored an 82% on the one I took a few weeks ago. I was scoring almost perfect scores on the practice exams also. I expected to at least be over 90%. I am not sure how they score the exams. I was disappointed!

Forum Member

Default Nfsi

I have taken the io solutions test 4 times and have done a lot of research in to their testing methods. Here is where I disagree with their testing methods. Although they tell you there are no right or wrong answers on the personality portion, points are deducted from your final score based on their formula for scoring the questions. You could ace the general knowledge section and end up failing the test based on your answers to the personality questions. I was able to get this information from a city who allowed candidates the chance to review the test and dispute any questions. I only missed 2 questions on the general knowledge portion but my overall test score dropped to a 79% after the personality portion was figured in and you can't dispute those questions. This particular city told me to call Io Solutions to dispute the personality based questions. IO Solutions was very tight lipped and basically told me they could not give me that type of information so they could protect the integrity and validity of the test.

MembersZone Subscriber

I/O solutions exam prep can be found at the link below. Good luck !!

http://www.fireprep.com/i_o_solution...ice_exami.html

Go to www.fireprep.com and register for our free fireprep e-mail newsletter that currently has over 29,000 subscribers.

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone else have an opinion?

Forum Member

Hey Hewartson47, I tried to send you an email, but that your profile isn't allowing it. I think I can help you. Change your profile to allow emails, and I'll send one your way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by boondocks View Post
    Hey Hewartson47, I tried to send you an email, but that your profile isn't allowing it. I think I can help you. Change your profile to allow emails, and I'll send one your way.
    Should be fixed now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    Should be fixed now.
    Alright, I sent you an email. Let me know if you don't get it.

Forum Member

Default mispost

dissregard: mispost
    Last edited by MTGillinois; 08-03-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Nevermind

Thread Information