Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Waiting for the job offer?

Hey all!

I'm looking for some advice on what should be my next step in the hiring process. At the end of January 2008 I completed my poly and psych for a hiring process. Out of the hiring list those ahead of me moved on to the academy that was to start in Febuary. Now, I have moved down the list and am trying to patiently wait for some news.

After the academy started in mid Feb I called to ask civil service where I was in the hiring process and if I needed to re-apply. First, I was told to not re-apply and when they get to the backround investigations for the next academy I will still hold my spot on the list and I should get a letter soon letting me know what will happen. However, they had still not received my Psych results. After not getting anything for over a month I called and was told my Psych was rated at a 3 which is high risk for hire and it was going to be reviewed by the commission and I should get a letter soon.

Now its been over 2 months and I have not received a letter or a call and don't want to call them again to ask if I need to re-apply for their new hiring process. but it's hard just being patient for something you want SOOOOOOO BAD.

I'm sure you're all just going to say just wait but I was curious if anyone else had had been through anything similar.

Forum Member

Default It Will Be O.K.

Move on. They may call or they may not. Take other tests and if they call you in the future, great. Imagine if you were asked to evaluate a persons psych results that were questionable, and that person had been calling you office bugging you for months? It might tip the scales against you.

It seems that life will usually get you where you need to be; you just donít get to now where that is until you get there. Do all you can, everywhere and in every way you can, and it will work out. That way you can know you have done all you can to succeed, and nothing to hurt your chances. In five or ten years you will look back on this and laugh. Try not to give yourself an ulcer.

Good Luck, Capt Rob
    www.myfireinterview.com
    nrtc@sonic.net
    (707)869-1330

I'm in the same boat, and I know it sucks. Just keep your hope, and keep on going. I had a polygraph 7 weeks ago. All thats left for me is the panel interview and then they offer the jobs. Every day seems to c r a w l by, but it will be worth it in the end!

Thread Information