Forum Member

Default Fire Extinguisher Co. Owners?

Are there any FF's out here who own/operate a fire extinguisher service company in their spare time? Or work for a company on their off days? If so, do you also service fire suppression systems in restaurants (such as Ansul systems?)
    If so, have you received the training or certifications to do so? If so, how did you get certified or trained to do Ansul systems?

Forum Member

Default capt fire

Most states have a class and test you can take that cerifies you do any fire supression system but you can also contact the company to be a cert. company rep. I am a capt and I am cert. by the state and also range guard systems which I got from there training program

MembersZone Subscriber

I happen to be a part owner of a Fire Protection Co. in Ohio. I'm also been a volunteer firefighter for 23 years. We do service fire extinguishers and hood suppression systems along with fire alarms, fire sprinklers. To answer your question about Ansul, Ansul is very proprietary. The will look at your location and determine if you can become a distributor. They will only send you to their training center if you are a distributor. When we first started into the hoods five years ago, we litterly talked to every manufacturer to find a partner to distribute and get personell factory trained. In Ohio, to become State certified, you need a certificate of training to sit for the test to become State certified. West Virginia has just restructured their State certifications and are requiring a factory trained certificate for both hood suppression systems and fire extinguishers.

My suggestion would be to start contacting the sales representatives for the manufacturers or talk to another distributor to see if you can be a sub distributor.
    Good Luck and Be Safe.

Forum Member

I know that this is a little off topic, but have any of you come across that pyramid scheme that "sells" fire safety products? I know that they were in OH at one time.

Forum Member

yes have seen them in texas, and also understand people are still selling the masterguard:::

http://www.masterguard.com/QR-50.aspx

Forum Member

The pyramid scheme was here in Ohio years ago. They sold halon extinguishers back in the 90's in aerosol cans and in cans that looked like the old mace cans with a handle. And NO, I WON"T SERVICE THEM.

Forum Member

Oh it is trying to make a come back.

I knew a woman who went to OH looking for work. She asked me about them and did a little cyber snooping.

Last I heard they are between Cleveland and Marietta. I think near Colerain?

Thread Information