Talking Firefighter Books and Stories

I have just finished Report From Engine Co. 82 and I am know looking for another great book to read. I love Dennis Smiths the author, but his toher books seems to dramatic and one on 9/11 that just makes me cry adn have nightmares, so I can't rad any of those. So does anybody now any good authors with good books, or links I can go to. Also any good Firefighter Stories, with cheap books??? Well hit me up here or message me. I will be back on at around 12:00 AM
    "Just roll your eyes and wakl away, forget it or you will mess or damn future up!" Me

Forum Member

Look into Leo Stapleton's books. He is the retired chief and fire commissioner from Boston and he has written quite a few novels about the fire service.

Forum Member

Firefighters Book Store.....they might have what your looking for.
    www.firebooks.com

Forum Member

Probably the best book on American firefighting is [i]Fireman Small [i]by Wong Herbert Yee. It looks at a typical day in the life of an urban firefighter. It is filled with excitement, drama, and some really poignant moments that made me proud of my profession. I've read it at least ten times and will probably read it ten more. I can't recommend this book enough. If you have ever thought about being a fireman, this is a must read.

Default Thank you

Thanks for the help guys!@
    "Just roll your eyes and wakl away, forget it or you will mess or damn future up!" Me

MembersZone Subscriber

B-Shifter by Nick Brunacini. Hands down one of the best FF books I have ever read. He tells it like it is and doesn't sugarcoat anything. It is funny as hell ( I was sore I lauged so hard) and he throws in some important life lessons as well. Very good book.

http://store.bshifter.com/

Forum Member

If and I say "If", you can get hold of "Red Watch" by Gordon Honeycomb it will hold you until the last page. Do not be put off because it is not American--fire respects no national boundaries--you will see and feel how the London Fire Service re-acts under pressure.

I have a vested interest --this was my time in the LFB
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Forum Member

Last Men Out
    7xx

MembersZone Subscriber

I know you posted that you did not want to read books about 9/11 but the book Firefight which is based on the pentagon in 9/11 is really good. Focus a lot on how they had to deal with the problems at hand and makes the reader think of the tactics which had to be used to fight the fire there.

Forum Member

Default firefighter books

Try these titles: Engine 10 (fiction), Seven Two (fiction), Of Cowards and Firefighters (essays), Pipe Nozzle (memoir). "Barry Roberts Greer knows what he is talking about; he tells the stories elegantly and convincingly. So, read 'Seven Two.'" -- Dennis Smith, author, Report from Engine Co. 82. All titles at amazon dot com.

Forum Member

Working Fire by Zac Unger

Thread Information