MembersZone Subscriber

Question Public Act 095-0490-Firefighter Substitutes

I am looking to other departments to see how you will be addressing this issue with in your departments, if it effects you, if not please start a new thread and discuss it there, I need ideas from departments effected by this. Please I am looking for good solid ideas, so please lets not turn this into a famous FH Forums ****ing match. I appreciate your ideas and remember whats good for one is not good for another, so please do not start bashing others. Thank you in advance for your participation and stay safe and protect your brothers/sisters!

“Never relinquish basic firemanship skills in lieu of technology. Even the most advanced technology can not make up for poor tactics and judgments. “
    Last edited by Pizan1; 04-30-2008 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Spelling error

MembersZone Subscriber

If your a union department, and I mean an I.A.F.F. union then it's easy contact your local VP and they will help you with the already written contract language that they have since this is now a manditory subject of bargaining just the the probation law that went into effect a few years ago.

MembersZone Subscriber

We are organized, however we are not unionized under the IAFF. We are actually getting ready to sit down with out municipality next week, we were just reaching out to see what other combination departments are going to be doing.

Thaks for the reply.

Thread Information