Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Post Acquired Knowledge

I thought it would be cool if there was a post where we could just trade some of the knowledge that you have acquired over the time, however short, on your depts like tips, strategies, or trainnings

(I would really appreciate this not turning into a big fight)

My tip is when you want to do a trainning and you may not have a smoke machine and you want a quick clean up just use glad press and seal on your SCBA mask it works great and is easy to clean up (no residue left behind) i just did a trainning tonight and it work excelant because you could see some light and very faint shapes somewhat realistic
    Never Forget 343

that's cool! I'll remember that for the next time I do SCBA training. I don't have much as far as training except that if you train during the heat of the day it helps you perform better under all weather conditions. If you run calls I can give you some tips. Keep some bottled water and snacks in your POV in case your dept. or whoever responds to support FF's (the red cross does where I am). If you run brush fires, keep pants or the pant legs to your zip-off shorts in your vehicle. It's not too fun to get your leg caught in a barbed-wire fence climbing a mountain with an Indian Pack Pump on your back in shorts (that's from experience).

Forum Member

thats a really good idea another thing that works is if you have an extra set of bunker pants just take the liner out it really helps protect you legs but if all else fails you can always go with the trusted jeans

thanks for your input
    Never Forget 343

Forum Member

An easy and fun training that I am about to show my post requires a cardboard box, a small amout of paper, a lighter, and a pressurized water extinguisher. Just take the box turn it on it's side, place the paper in the rear of the box against side and light the paper on fire. This shows the stages of a compartment fire plus you can get some time using an extinguisher. Easy, cool, and not a large mess (depends on the size of the box) to clean up.

Thread Information