Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default New Guy from Michigan!

Hello everyone! My name is Nick, and I am currently a resident of Adrian, Michigan. I've been trying to get involved with a few local volunteer Fire Departments in my area for almost a year now, and I can't seem to get in. I had a meeting this morning with Fairfield Township's Chief, but I live just outside of their area, and I'm a little over the distance limit for members there, so I was turned down again. Last summer I applied at Madison and Palmyra Township Volunteer Fire Departments. Palmyra had me in for an interview, but told me they couldn't get the approval from the township board, and Madison never called me back. They were close to a full roster as it was, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Anyways, I just thought I would check out the site, see if I could get some suggestions as to how to "break in" to this field. I am currently working towards my Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice at a local college, and I work locally as well. I'm not leaving Adrian anytime soon, so I'd like to try to help out my community! Any help is appreciated, and I hope to spend some time on the site in the near future!

Nick

Hello, Nick welcome to the fourms.
    Maybe the reason your having a hard time is that your getting a degree in Criminal Justice. Just kidding.

Delta107

P.S. Don't take the cop comments personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta107 View Post
    Hello, Nick welcome to the fourms.
    Maybe the reason your having a hard time is that your getting a degree in Criminal Justice. Just kidding.

Delta107

P.S. Don't take the cop comments personally.
    Don't worry about it, I've developed a rather thick skin, as my primary source of income is from working as a security guard. . . If I can handle "Rent-a-Cop" comments and jokes all day, I can handle the real thing when I become one. . . lol

I spoke with another fire chief over the phone today, it was rather encouraging. He still remembers meeting with me nearly a year ago, which is a good sign. I guess now I just have to wait.

Thanks for the welcome, and I hope to become more active on the boards in the near future!

How long is it going to take for the "WebTeam" to stop moderating all of my posts? I'm about ready to call it quits here and go somewhere else, I don't really like posting something up and waiting 4 days for it to actually be put on the forum. . .

Thread Information