MembersZone Subscriber

Default Safer Grant Narrative

Can anyone share their funded safer grant narrative for an LED sign? I have some AFG narratives that I can share in return. PLease email to bweil@nocfa.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I am looking for the same thing as well. I am tasked with writing our SAFER recruitment grant for the first time and am looking for some reference. We are looking at an LED sign for the station, website development, and some local advertisement....and whatever else may balance out a decent program. If anyone has any narrative information or any tips I will gladly accept.

RsnFyr77@comcast.net

Forum Member

Smile SAFER help

I am looking for any successfull narratives that may have been used for company uniforms/station wear. If you have one and are willing to share, please send to mark.kopp@montgomerycountymd.gov. Thanks and good luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

I am also looking for narratives or tips on writing a narrative for an LED sign, uniforms/station wear for a small rural department. Any assistance anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. You can email me at ncook67@embarqmail.com
    Nick Cook
    Biglerville Hose & Truck Co #1
    Bendersville Community Fire Company

Forum Member

I am also looking for sample narrative. Haven't applied for SAFER before and needing ideas. Maybe a LED sign for out front, or gas cards, or a complete program that works. Open to ideas.
    Please send to chief@venusfirerescue.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone know if there is a cap in price for these signs. I have been pricing them out and they are very expensive. Again, if anyone has any SAFER narratives from past years and are willing to share I would greatly appreciate it. This is my first time putting together a recruitment grant. We are looking at some advertisements in our local movie theatre, a mailer, the sign, a website, and a part time staff person to run an explorer post. Any help would be appreciated.

RsnFyr77@comcast.net

Forum Member

Default Looking for help

I am also looking for help in the form of sample narratives for the following: station sign, station uniforms, gas cards or incentive programs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

brooksidefire21@yahoo.com
    Last edited by Brookside2100; 05-21-2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: forgot email address

Forum Member

Default Bandwagon

Hate to jump on the bandwagon but also looking for help for a request for a sign. Past success with staffing but no matching funds so going after a recruitment project. Is marketing program the appropriate category for a sign? Please email any narative assistance or justification outline to brandenb@nist.gov. Thanks so much.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Since a few have mentioned it, gas cards aren't eligible since they're an immediate compensation like being paid-on-call. Such things can't be done on the R&R side. Only exception is lost wages for training above and beyond basic requirements to be interior certified in your state.

Forum Member

I too would see someone's winning proposal for a LED Sign, Class A dress uniforms, and retirement benifits. Are paid per calls allowed? co7prez@aol.com

FH Mag/.com Contributor

No on POC. Only pensions.

Forum Member

My Chief found out that you can apply for theses LED signs. So guess what, yup, I have to write for these signs also. I am also asking for any winning grant information. Please send them to rands@bex.net. Thanks for your help.

Forum Member

I am looking for sample R&R narratives.

We have a list of things that we are going to apply for including LED sign and uniform/LOS awards,

But curious what a SAFER narrative looks like

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Heading/question, then answer.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Since a few have mentioned it, gas cards aren't eligible since they're an immediate compensation like being paid-on-call. Such things can't be done on the R&R side. Only exception is lost wages for training above and beyond basic requirements to be interior certified in your state.
    BC79ER maybe I am misreading this but in the highlights section, the way I am reading it is as long as it is directly linked to an operational services ( ie; answering an alarm) and is not "travel for pleasure" I believe you can award points for calls answered per month and then reimbursement of those point awards in the form of a gas card. Now it specifically excludes equipment, tutition for training but reimbursement for mileage is actually stated there under R&R activites as eligible. Take a re-read and see if you are seeing something different than me Brian.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

FH Mag/.com Contributor

In that scenario, yes you are correct on that, meaning earn points to get them. I mis-read that other post as 'respond and here's your card for everyone. Delayed compensation based on activity is good to go like that, just has to be defined what "active participation" is for each department as part of a larger fringe benefit package. By themselves I don't see them as a selling point, even with the price of gas what it is. Short-term solution to a long-term problem. As part of a larger package they'd be a good piece of the pie.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exactly, that was what I was thinking . Every call answered worth 5 points, every point worth a buck on a Wal-Mart gas card at end of month. I am already seeing vollies making the choice between gas for work or going to a call. Still going to need a sustainability plan of some sort.
    Kurt Bradley

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Sustainability is always the one that gets most folks. Ask for too much and that argument is shot if the annual budget is too small in comparison with no estimate of growth.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Sustainability is always the one that gets most folks. Ask for too much and that argument is shot if the annual budget is too small in comparison with no estimate of growth.
    Brother , I hear that! Lack of a sustainability plan is , no doubt, the # 1 complaint that I have with 80-90% of the SAFER apps sent to me for review. Great plans with nice work in them and a $50K budget per year for 4 years and not a single word about where the money is going to come from when the grant money runs out.......and they wonder why they get rejected.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Default led sign

i am looking for a example of an LED sign narrative. If you have one to share please email hoserbt@ticon.net. Also, can we request money for retirement programs that include a matching program from our state. So in essence we would deposit 500 a year of safer money into a retirement fund and that money would be matched by the state. Are these types of programs covered as incentives under retuention and recruitment..

any help appreciated

thanks

Bryan

Forum Member

I'm also interested in some Safer Narratives, please send them to smokeeater1520@gmail.com Thanks In advance

MembersZone Subscriber

I would also like some Safe grant narratives to help us.

Forum Member

I would like a narrative fro sign or retention by rewards to compare mine with to make sure I am in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

dtaa665199@aol.com

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=volfireman034;1335414]I would also like some Safe grant narratives to help us.[/QU
    loganoem2@yahoo.com

Thread Information