Forum Member

Default Dept of the Interior Rural Fire Assistance

Has anyone heard anything from the Dept Of Interior grant applications that went out in March? When do they send DJ letters or continue into the second round application? Thanks

Forum Member

In Oregon, the Oregon Dept of Forestry administers the Grant. We were told early June folks would be advised of the status. Also here, it's either an award or it's not, there hasn't been any subsequent opportunities..

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool May

The cover letter I received with our application stated that we would be notified in May whether or not we would receive a grant. I assume you are talking about the Dept of Interior / US Fish & Wildlife grant application sent to Suffolk, VA? I have not heard anything yet.

Forum Member

BLM/Forest Service in Idaho was caught completely flatfooted by RFA this year. It had been unfunded the year before and when the 2008 FY rolled around it was still unfunded. It wasn't until around Jan/Feb the funding was approved.

I saw a couple of the RFA administrators from previous years the day after it was funded and congratulated them. They had no clue what I was talking about. They didn't receive word from official channels for almost a week that there was funding for RFA. My guess is that the whole fed beauracracy was suprised.

Forum Member

Thanks for your replies. The grant window was only open for a two week period and I agree it took the administrators by surprise. The application I sent in was on a old application cause they never even got the proper application made before the application period was over. Crossing my fingers and will let u know how it turns out.

Thread Information