Forum Member

Default Richardson Process - May 2008

Decided to start a thread to see who is testing with Richardson on May 19th. Sounds like it is going to be a fast process - anybody out there?

Forum Member

I am going to be testing on the 19th as well, durting the 6pm session. What time are you testing? Also, what did ya mean by fast process?

Forum Member

Default Fast process

Testing at 6:00 as well.

By fast process, I mean that from what they posted with the job description, it looks like the whole process from civil service test to final interview is 10 days long and will be over by month's end. However, then they will do backgrounds, polygraph, etc. Don't know how long that takes. But compared to other departments its seems like a relatively fast process.

Forum Member

guess you missed the other richardson one... ya, ill be there at 6:00. And yes, I was shocked when I saw how fast this is going to go. Hire date is supposed to be middle of June. Good luck tomorrow!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPLeverett View Post
    I am going to be testing on the 19th as well, durting the 6pm session. What time are you testing? Also, what did ya mean by fast process?
    Dallas for example tested in Feb, but the first class will not begin until October. Richardson starts interviews a week after the written, which is unheard of. A little heads up for this test, they are going to have a memorization part. I'm not sure if it is going to be a verbal or picture. Be sure to focus on remembering addresses, locations of FF's/civilians, how many FF's/civilians and stuff like that. And what was stated in one of your other threads, brush up on paper math like division and such.
    Last edited by TechGuy; 05-18-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Forum Member

thanks for the heads-up on parts of the test. i'm in for the 6:00 test as well. anybody want to carpool. i'm coming in from austin

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuy View Post
    Dallas for example tested in Feb, but the first class will not begin until October. Richardson starts interviews a week after the written, which is unheard of. A little heads up for this test, they are going to have a memorization part. I'm not sure if it is going to be a verbal or picture. Be sure to focus on remembering addresses, locations of FF's/civilians, how many FF's/civilians and stuff like that. And what was stated in one of your other threads, brush up on paper math like division and such.
    Oh yeah, I've been doing just that. Math has always been my weak point so I'm going over it a little extra. I don't know if it is going to be on there at all, but I've been reviewing all of the hydraulics related math. That stuff suck and I know that it is mor Driver/Operator related but on a few of the practice exams that I've looked at it popped up a few times... This is just going to be my first test so I don't have unrealistic expectations but I'm still pretty enthusiastic about it. Out of the 600 takers on the written does anyone know how many they intend on moving on to physical?

Forum Member

This is totally a guess....but I would guess about 60 or so will.

Forum Member

just got home, straight to the forums! how did everybody do.... 460 took it, roughly a 50% fail rate. I made an 81, not too proud, but higher than everybody around me, so we shall see!

Forum Member

Default Find out at 5:00 today!

Felt pretty good...seemed a little harder than the Dallas test though. I guess we'll find out at 5:00 what the our Memorial Day weekend plans will be!

Forum Member

Smile Didnt do terrible...

I thought the test went ok, I ended up with a 80 myself on the test. Not bad for my first but I had hoped for higher. Based on the amount of people that weren't back in the auditorium after the grades were given, i think that an 80 might be enough to make it to the physical though! >fingers crossed< Good luck to the rest of ya'll. I hope we can see eachother at the physical this weekend!

Forum Member

Also btw, there were ALOT in the 70 range from what I heard and the glimpse of the clip board that I got.

Forum Member

Ya, I was hearing quite a few 70's. I could hear the scores for the entire back row and only 2 were higher than an 81, but that was before the military points. This was by far the hardest one I have ever taken, I made a 97 on Fort Worths and a 93 on San Antonios.

Forum Member

I heard that as well too. One of my classmates from fire academy tested in fort worth and got like a 95 or so and he only got an 82 last night. I dunno, I feel pretty good about our chances based on the scores. I looked up the PPA and it does not seem to bad, what do you think?
    Last edited by JPLeverett; 05-20-2008 at 01:07 PM. Reason: typo

Forum Member

Youre talking about the physical right? I have just never heard it called that.... It doesn't seem too bad, def easier than FW's. He did say it all had to be completed in under 4 minutes though. I wish somebody from the afternoon test was on here to let us know how that one went.

PS I am between semesters so I have nothing to do other than creep on the forums

Forum Member

Hehe, no its cool. I'm killing time waiting to go to work. I had never heard it called PPA either, but apparently it stand for Physical Performance Analyisis. I dont think it looks to terrible though. If u make it, ru gonna go to the practice runs on Weds or Thurs?

Forum Member

Ya, I'll be there one of the nights, most likely wednesday and run through it a couple of times.

Forum Member

Yeah, I'm working weds nite but im working late on thurs so I will probably try to make it out then. U have done this before, do many ppl show up for the practice?

Forum Member

Well, the ones I have done there was always a required meeting before it so everybody was already at the training center. So ya, most everybody did it. This is going to be the first one that is totally optional, so I am interested in seeing how many show up myself.

Forum Member

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how many come. I especially want to be there since I have never done one before. The drills seem to be pretty basic and not anything too taxing but I guess time is just really the factor. Ive heard that the charged line pull and dummy drag can really trip up guys if they dont prepare. Too bad its going to go so quick otherwise, I would probably try to practice some of it on my own.
    Last edited by JPLeverett; 05-20-2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo

Forum Member

I'm gonna be at work when the list posts but I will probably try and get on here to see if anybody else is moving on and if I am.

Forum Member

ok, ill post as soon as i find out

Forum Member

well crap....

Forum Member

Default maybe next time...

Ugh... 80 was not high enough for me this time boys. How did everyone else do?

Forum Member

figured it out
    Last edited by TechGuy; 05-20-2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: im dumb

Thread Information