Thread: Relocating!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Relocating!!!!

Im relocating to the Raleigh area and currently in the hiring process for them. Any Raleigh FF out there? If so any tips? Im currently a Medic/ Firefighter with Hampton, Va.

Good thing's happening

Quote Originally Posted by jcrawford32 View Post
    Im relocating to the Raleigh area and currently in the hiring process for them. Any Raleigh FF out there? If so any tips? Im currently a Medic/ Firefighter with Hampton, Va.
    Hey if anyone else wanted to become a Raleigh FF. You just missed the deadline for the august academy. Here's some details...

City of Raleigh Fire Department
    Permanent Position

Position Title: Firefighter
    Position Number: 118-07
    Closing Date: 5/2/08
    Salary Range: $31,117
    Department: Fire

Minimum Requirements: HS graduate or equivalent. Age 21 by the first day of the academy, tentatively scheduled for August 2008. Vision corrected to 20/30 each eye; cannot be colorblind. Ability to obtain a valid NC Driverís License. Must successfully complete the Fire Academy, including becoming state certified as an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician).

Position Duties: Controls and extinguishes fires and protects life and property.

∑ Practice for the Physical Agility Test & written Reading Comprehension Test (RCT) will be held at Keeter Training Center: May 10 & 11, 8:30 am until 3:00 pm. Call the Keeter Training Center (831-6395) to sign up. Participation in the Practice Sessions is encouraged.

∑ Please complete the Fire Recruitment Packet and submit via USMail or in person to:
    Keeter Training Center
    105 Keeter Center Drive
    Raleigh, NC 27601
    (919)831-6395

∑ For further information, visit: www.raleighnc.gov/fire

Fire Recruitment Packet

Please be advised that there will be an OPEN HOUSE at all Fire Stations on Saturday, April 5 and Saturday, April 19th from 10am until 2pm.

NEW Firefighter Employment Applications will also be delivered to all fire stations to be given out beginning on March 24 through May 2. The Academy start date is scheduled for August 25, 2008.

For more information contact:
    Stephen Page
    Keeter Training Center
    105 Keeter Center Drive
    Raleigh, NC 27601
    919-831-6395
    Last edited by eaglesrule1024; 05-09-2008 at 03:21 PM.

Forum Member

Cool

31K, thats 6K more than they start in NYC, where do I sign up!

:-)

Good thing's happening

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    31K, thats 6K more than they start in NYC, where do I sign up!

:-)

haha...do you like being able to go out and get things in the middle of the night ? If you do like me and there was 7-11 and 24hr delis then im sorry to say jonny its not here . If you want to work in Raleigh or the surrounding area's make sure you get a place with land because odds are if you move into raleigh its going to be just like nyc...Nothing =[ . And my family is hated for some odd reason by everyone in our community except our immediate neighbors. And we didn't do anything to them. To be honest I think its because im From the north a yankee and to make it worse im from nyc. But with that said its quiet you see the stars at night which still amazes me.

Rob

Forum Member

Rob,

Dont let them get you down, they are still so bitter we won the war! :-) And where I live the only thing to do in the middle of the night is poach and track coyotes and I am only 46 miles from work! I still miss getting Italian Ices in Corona, but having to deal with the rest of the element makes up for it.

Good thing's happening

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    Rob,

Dont let them get you down, they are still so bitter we won the war! :-) And where I live the only thing to do in the middle of the night is poach and track coyotes and I am only 46 miles from work! I still miss getting Italian Ices in Corona, but having to deal with the rest of the element makes up for it.
    Jonny,

Oh yeah man, I have a couple of NYC friends around here that are scattered around NC and I used that line last night while talking about my neighbors. It's not bad at times but Man do I miss Ralph's Ices in SI and going to MLB games . But luckily Ralph's has a location here in NC near Chatham county haven't been there yet though ;( . I went from not having any yard to having a acre and a pool. Not a bad upgrade lol Oh yeah SI was full of drama as I think everyone knows here its non existent really.

Rob

Forum Member

Isnt one of our old chiefs the boss down there now...McGrath?
    Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

Good thing's happening

Quote Originally Posted by PFDTruck18 View Post
    Isnt one of our old chiefs the boss down there now...McGrath?
    Yeahhhh hes the boss..from what the Raleigh Fire website is telling me.

Rob

Thread Information