MembersZone Subscriber

Default The best workouts i have ever done....

All i have to say is www.crossfit.com
    I am not promoting them. I am just telling you if you need to get ready for a cpat these workouts rock. I just do the work out of the day(WOD) and the next day i can't even walk. Just thowing this out there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Worked for me, too. We had a PT hour at the academy's gym the other day, and the Lt was giving me stange looks as I did overhead squats, renegade rows, snatches, squat cleans, dragon flags, etc.

MembersZone Subscriber

Also, if you're pressed for time, grab a pair of dumbbells, lower them to the floor, do a pushup, return to the squat position, rise, do a squat clean, then a thruster from the bottom. This is one rep. Do ten reps, then immediately do some mountain climbers, then rest. This is one round. Shoot for ten rounds of ten reps, plus the climbers. Rest 30, 45, or 60 secs. as needed. This will be good prep for the academy PT.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Cross Fit Stuff is great

I agree, GSfire. I do, and enjoy cross fit stuff all the time. I have been training with weights for almost 30 years. So, I have done alot of exercises, get bored and accomodate easily. The cross fit stuff keeps me workin' hard, getting my heart rate up, and breaking a sweat (which for some reason jumping rope at 140 rpms doesn't even do anymore).

Cross fit is fun, but not for beginners, or those trying to get back in shape. I cross train an Olympian with that stuff (plus some of my stuff) these days, and she struggles with it sometimes... gets really exhausted. I guess she is training 40+ hours a week in addition... But I have never seen anything push her over the top like the cross fit stuff..

Dr. J
    www.fireagility.com

Thread Information