Forum Member

Default something you never want to hear

We were toned today with our local ambulance to stand by our station and wait further instructions. We thought, well cops must have a meth lab or some bogus bomb threat somewhere. We called our dispatch and were told that there had been a shooting in the grade school, officers were responding and to standby. It wasn't 20 minutes before that i had just sent my 6 y/o son with my neighbor who is a teacher to school. My heart dropped, almost everyone at the station had kids in school. In my years at that firehouse i have never heard our station so quiet, no one said a word. After 15 minutes of running game plans through my head and pacing around,we were told to stand down. Seems someone thought it would be funny to get ahold of a school radio and scream multiple times about a shooting. Thank god it was a hoax and man did i ever hugs my kids when they got home.

Forum Member

My daughter isn't in school yet but it scares me to even think about the mentioned scenario... wow.

Forum Member

I happened upon your post while "surfing" the forum. You have my regards for what must have been a very stressful period of time. I work full time in law enforcement, at a college campus no less, so after the Virginia Tech shooting, all of these events (rumor or otherwise) strike home.

Since you have the topic up, I would like to post a website for you. and anyone else who is interested, to take a look at:

http://www.roseminars.com/

When I first head about the two guys who started this organization, I thought they were crack pots.... but now that I have taken the training and had the chance to look at things after Virginia Tech, I am FIRMLY convinced that we need to change how we deal with insane people who are hell-bent on just killing others!

The attitudes must change, so I figured I have nothing to lose by throwing it out on here for some people to see.

Take care --- and I will say a prayer for you and your crew for having to endure the threat of responding to a terrible scene...
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

Glad it was just a hoax.
    ~But with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26~

~The very worst fire plan is no plan. The next worse is two plans. ~

~Stay Safe! Everyone Goes Home!~

Thread Information