Forum Member

Default Looking for a combined driver operator course

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any DO courses that combine pumper, arff and MWS all in one class. I heard these exist, but I dont know where to look. I did try dodfire, but nothing.

Thanks for any pointers,

Kev

MembersZone Subscriber

I have not heard anything on that topic. It definitely sounds like something that could work since the basic concepts for all three are similar to each other. I know the current web base CDC are getting bad reviews mainly because of the IT issues. I hope the DoD is working on a revision to the system.

Forum Member

I did see a class in AZ about a year ago, but they were still working on there IFSAC acredidation. It was basically several saturdays and sundays and 4 hours on tuesdays. I need something that is straight through and done in 2 or 3 weeks.

Forum Member

I work for the navy in the south west regine, when we did ours we had an instructor from the university of Maryland come out and taught all three in a two week class arff,pumper and ladder it was a vary good class and the instructors were AWSOME you might want to check with them. The other good thing is they are pro-board so they will transfer any were but Cali.

Forum Member

Default Firebug79

Firebug79,

I live in Orange County, CA and the FD I work for goes by DOD certs (Plant 42). Is there anyway I could come down to your base and take the DO class? I have no idea which Navy base you work at, but I assume it's San Diego, Seal Beach, China Lake, Point Magu.

Please email if you can provide more info and future class dates.

Thanks,

Kevin
    ylengine210@yahoo.com

Worldwide Menace

Kevin, I have to ask, why hasn't your department given you the courses required to get the job done, and why does it need to be done in 2 weeks?

-Damien

Forum Member

We can enroll in the CDC programs for our certs and test at Edwards AFB. I simply am not a fan of the CDC's. I am not required to get the certs, but, if I want to promote they become necessary. There was a DO course offering all 3 driver certs in AZ a while back. If I take each course separately I will be paying for travel expenses on 3 different occations. This makes out of state courses economically difficult. Of course classes in southern CA would be no problems as I could just drive to the location.

Stay safe,

Kev

Forum Member

I work in Lemoore witch is about 45 Min's south of Fresno. We have not had a D.O class at our base in 2-3 years but you can probably get a hold of some one at San diego F-33 or check camp pendleton it seams like thay alwas are putting on classes, also check at march out in riverside. Normally if thair is a open slot thay will some times let you take it but it depends on the instructor and the department thay normally cost 2-500 depending on the class the last one i had to pay for was 300 and that was a two week class. check with your T.O he should be able to set you up ill look for a list and get back to you.

stay safe

Forum Member

Firebug79,

Anything you can find in CA would be awesome!

Thanks for your help,

Kev

ylengine210@yahoo.com

Thread Information