Thread: The Army's TFFT

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Holy crap.
    This guy has to be a troll. Joined in 05 and only posted 28 times?
    Besides, they don't even have Army FF's in the springs anymore. That whole site (Ft Carson) is Civilian.

And army deployments.. sitting in the $hit? What the hell are you talking about? Army contracts out most if not all of their deployed sited to civilians. And i can tell you for a fact that we used P-19's, T-3000's, and P-23's on every army base in Iraq. I can't speak for Afghanistan, but i can't imagine it being much different.

As for the AF. Hell, them and the Marines are the only guys still deploying FF's overseas.

Frankly i'm surprised it's even an MOS anymore. They should just GS it out and be done with the whole thing.
    MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Wrong. There are still Army FF at Ft. Carson, both active and Guard. And both have deployed 2-3 times apiece in the last 6 years. Please pull down your pants when you talk out your ***** like that. It comes out all garbled and stupid.
    "Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid."
    John Wayne

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by USArmyFF1 View Post
    Dude, thanks for tha advice. Got that BJ. Your mom and wife say hello.
    Mom jokes? Really?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Dude, thanks for tha advice. Got that BJ. Your mom and wife say hello.
    Over 20 years in the Army? If your brains were half as fast as your mouth you'd be a 4-star General by now. But they are not, so you had to pull out high school mom jokes. You amuse me.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

The troll returns...

Forum Member

MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Wrong. There are still Army FF at Ft. Carson, both active and Guard. And both have deployed 2-3 times apiece in the last 6 years. Please pull down your pants when you talk out your ***** like that. It comes out all garbled and stupid.
    Decided not to feed the troll
    Last edited by peterbound; 08-10-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Forum Member

The old rule of most firefighting being contracted out is now becoming obsolete. The government has finally realized that they have firefighters and we are cheaper then the civilian counterparts. Im currently a deployed Army firefighter and my sister units are slated to deploy next year and the year following. Its actually pretty nice to be utilized for once!
    As for the TFFT, yeah there are better options out there but it isnt terrible. We PMCS the trucks (we also have the HEMMT based water tender HEWATT) daily and once a week we take them to the mechanics to do a quick once over and havent had any problems. The trucks are rugged enough to last in the mountainous terrain and moon dust like conditions and as long as PMCS is completed, I dont forsee a huge problem.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadical View Post
    The old rule of most firefighting being contracted out is now becoming obsolete. The government has finally realized that they have firefighters and we are cheaper then the civilian counterparts. Im currently a deployed Army firefighter and my sister units are slated to deploy next year and the year following. Its actually pretty nice to be utilized for once!
    As for the TFFT, yeah there are better options out there but it isnt terrible. We PMCS the trucks (we also have the HEMMT based water tender HEWATT) daily and once a week we take them to the mechanics to do a quick once over and havent had any problems. The trucks are rugged enough to last in the mountainous terrain and moon dust like conditions and as long as PMCS is completed, I dont forsee a huge problem.
    +1. In the field it is better to have as few platforms for the e-3 mechanic to work on as possible.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Thread Information