Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: The Army's TFFT

  1. #21
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USArmyFF1 View Post
    First off, if this applies to you, good. If not, disregard and keep doing your duty as best you can.

    I love listening to the know-it-all morons here. I don't give a **** if you work for New York or whatever. Your "insight" is worthless here.
    The TFFT is currently the truck we use and it does a fine job. The purpose of these vehicles is TACTICAL, not for your podunk volley community. Get a clue and realize that military firefighting IS NOT civilian firefighting. The dolts who want brush trucks or commercial models would be SOL in the middle of nowhere on a FOB supporting aircraft. The equipment on it is far better than anything we've had before.
    On a personal note, I've got over 20 years as an Army firefighter and I have YET to see any unit or deployment I've been on work like a civilian department. It seems the ones who speak the loudest know and understand the least. I don't care what truck or equipment they give me. Interspiro, MACI, OshKosh, etc. I will STILL get the job done with a bucket, a dunk tank, and a couple of motivated soldiers. Don't like my attitude? Shut your whiny suck and go to the Air Force.
    Dude!!! Relax!!! You appear to be in more desperate need of a BJ than any other white man in the universe!!!!! What's your damage??? And thanks for dredging up a thread that has been asleep for 2+ years........Now, do us all a favor, go rub one off, take a few deep breaths, and have a cup of coffee!!!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."


  2. #22
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Holy crap.
    This guy has to be a troll. Joined in 05 and only posted 28 times?
    Besides, they don't even have Army FF's in the springs anymore. That whole site (Ft Carson) is Civilian.

    And army deployments.. sitting in the $hit? What the hell are you talking about? Army contracts out most if not all of their deployed sited to civilians. And i can tell you for a fact that we used P-19's, T-3000's, and P-23's on every army base in Iraq. I can't speak for Afghanistan, but i can't imagine it being much different.

    As for the AF. Hell, them and the Marines are the only guys still deploying FF's overseas.

    Frankly i'm surprised it's even an MOS anymore. They should just GS it out and be done with the whole thing.

  3. #23
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Outside Philadelphia
    Posts
    519

    Default

    WTF are you smoking??? Can I get some?? Better yet, no thanks, I don't want to become a full-time toolbag!!
    A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

  4. #24
    Forum Member DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Holy crap.
    This guy has to be a troll. Joined in 05 and only posted 28 times?
    Besides, they don't even have Army FF's in the springs anymore. That whole site (Ft Carson) is Civilian.
    He shows up every few months, pulls up a very old thread and bashes away. Pretty much defines troll.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  5. #25
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Dude!!! Relax!!! You appear to be in more desperate need of a BJ than any other white man in the universe!!!!! What's your damage??? And thanks for dredging up a thread that has been asleep for 2+ years........Now, do us all a favor, go rub one off, take a few deep breaths, and have a cup of coffee!!!
    Dude, thanks for tha advice. Got that BJ. Your mom and wife say hello.
    "Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid."
    John Wayne

  6. #26
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterbound View Post
    Holy crap.
    This guy has to be a troll. Joined in 05 and only posted 28 times?
    Besides, they don't even have Army FF's in the springs anymore. That whole site (Ft Carson) is Civilian.

    And army deployments.. sitting in the $hit? What the hell are you talking about? Army contracts out most if not all of their deployed sited to civilians. And i can tell you for a fact that we used P-19's, T-3000's, and P-23's on every army base in Iraq. I can't speak for Afghanistan, but i can't imagine it being much different.

    As for the AF. Hell, them and the Marines are the only guys still deploying FF's overseas.

    Frankly i'm surprised it's even an MOS anymore. They should just GS it out and be done with the whole thing.
    MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Wrong. There are still Army FF at Ft. Carson, both active and Guard. And both have deployed 2-3 times apiece in the last 6 years. Please pull down your pants when you talk out your ***** like that. It comes out all garbled and stupid.
    "Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid."
    John Wayne

  7. #27
    Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USArmyFF1 View Post
    Dude, thanks for tha advice. Got that BJ. Your mom and wife say hello.
    Mom jokes? Really?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  8. #28
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USArmyFF1 View Post
    Dude, thanks for tha advice. Got that BJ. Your mom and wife say hello.
    Over 20 years in the Army? If your brains were half as fast as your mouth you'd be a 4-star General by now. But they are not, so you had to pull out high school mom jokes. You amuse me.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  9. #29
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    240

    Default

    The troll returns...

  10. #30
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USArmyFF1 View Post
    MWAHAHAHAHA!!! Wrong. There are still Army FF at Ft. Carson, both active and Guard. And both have deployed 2-3 times apiece in the last 6 years. Please pull down your pants when you talk out your ***** like that. It comes out all garbled and stupid.
    Decided not to feed the troll
    Last edited by peterbound; 08-10-2011 at 10:49 PM.

  11. #31
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    The old rule of most firefighting being contracted out is now becoming obsolete. The government has finally realized that they have firefighters and we are cheaper then the civilian counterparts. Im currently a deployed Army firefighter and my sister units are slated to deploy next year and the year following. Its actually pretty nice to be utilized for once!
    As for the TFFT, yeah there are better options out there but it isnt terrible. We PMCS the trucks (we also have the HEMMT based water tender HEWATT) daily and once a week we take them to the mechanics to do a quick once over and havent had any problems. The trucks are rugged enough to last in the mountainous terrain and moon dust like conditions and as long as PMCS is completed, I dont forsee a huge problem.

  12. #32
    Forum Member DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadical View Post
    The old rule of most firefighting being contracted out is now becoming obsolete. The government has finally realized that they have firefighters and we are cheaper then the civilian counterparts. Im currently a deployed Army firefighter and my sister units are slated to deploy next year and the year following. Its actually pretty nice to be utilized for once!
    As for the TFFT, yeah there are better options out there but it isnt terrible. We PMCS the trucks (we also have the HEMMT based water tender HEWATT) daily and once a week we take them to the mechanics to do a quick once over and havent had any problems. The trucks are rugged enough to last in the mountainous terrain and moon dust like conditions and as long as PMCS is completed, I dont forsee a huge problem.
    +1. In the field it is better to have as few platforms for the e-3 mechanic to work on as possible.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts