Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pinkerton Government Services Fire Dept?

I saw that there's a job opening at Pinkerton Government Services Fire Department for a FF/EMT and a position for Fire Inspector. Does anyone have any experience with their company?
    Last edited by HereToLearn; 05-22-2008 at 08:02 PM.

Forum Member

I sent you an email about PGS Fire.

Kevin

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by arff42 View Post
    I sent you an email about PGS Fire.

Kevin
    Got it! Thanks!

Forum Member

How many are they hiring ??

Thumbs down

Who cares how many of anything about them. Its a private ran company that IMO has no business in the fire service. Let them be rent a cops and do time clock rounds!!

Forum Member

Default Wana be

what a dork!! he is just jealous of contract firefighters. Lets see, We are all experienced firefighters, all have ARFF( he doesn't and never will) and all have more training in FF, rescue, and the beauty is if he wants to transfer to another city or state he has to apply take a test and hope he gets a job. We just ask to relocate. Sorry dude but contract firefighter rule. Oh and did i say we love our job. not because we get paid 3 times what average firefighters get but because we love what we do. regaurds..

Forum Member

PS, Hey Dozer see you soon in NY..

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ARFF1 View Post
    what a dork!! he is just jealous of contract firefighters. Lets see, We are all experienced firefighters, all have ARFF( he doesn't and never will) and all have more training in FF, rescue, and the beauty is if he wants to transfer to another city or state he has to apply take a test and hope he gets a job. We just ask to relocate. Sorry dude but contract firefighter rule. Oh and did i say we love our job. not because we get paid 3 times what average firefighters get but because we love what we do. regaurds..

Wow did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Who is the dork?

I certainly don't think you would be calling my esteem colleague, Jonnee one.

I happened to have known this man for over 25 years having worked with him on several teaching assignments with the Virginia Department of Fire Programs, the Virginia Department of Emergency Management as an Instructor and Program Developers.

He happens to have over 35 plus years with a major fire department in Northern Virginia and is in line for a promotion to Deputy Fire Chief.

I doubt if you are making what he is making in salary, six figures, or have the benefits and retirement package as he does when he retires in a few years!

As for me, Pinkerton has their place in this business, but not anywhere that I will be or would work.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

1. I am a contract firefighter, so I can back up what I say here.
    2. No one is jealous of a contract firefighter.
    3. Pinkerton firefighters are not experienced, make crap for money and most work as security gaurds. I used to work as a Pinkerton firefighter at a Boeing plant.....so again, I can back up what I say here.
    4. ARFF is a 40 hour class that anyone can get if they pay the money. So you need to stop bragging about having it.
    5. When a contract ends everyone has to hope they get absorbed into the new contract. If you have never been through that experience, lets just say it can be stressful.
    6. I promise you the contract I work for pays at least double what yours does and my fire department does zero security. We are also members of the IAFF and I doubt Pinkerton ever will be.
    7. I would do anything to go work for a city or municipal fire department. They are and always will be superior to contract because of the job security and the training is better. Contract firefighters also work mostly at industrial plants or airports and fight very little fire. So dont think that someone being a captain for 5 years with Pinkerton makes that person a real captain. Zero fires over 5 years means zero experience. Again....I can back up what I say.
    8. City fire departments avaerage about 500+ apps per every opening. Pinkerton probably gets about 10. Their is a reason for that. Enough said.

You have a great day and just know that not one non contract firefighter is jealous of contract firefighters.

Kevin
    Last edited by arff42; 05-06-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Wow did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Who is the dork?

I certainly don't think you would be calling my esteem colleague, Jonnee one.

I happened to have known this man for over 25 years having worked with him on several teaching assignments with the Virginia Department of Fire Programs, the Virginia Department of Emergency Management as an Instructor and Program Developers.

He happens to have over 35 plus years with a major fire department in Northern Virginia and is in line for a promotion to Deputy Fire Chief.

I doubt if you are making what he is making in salary, six figures, or have the benefits and retirement package as he does when he retires in a few years!

As for me, Pinkerton has their place in this business, but not anywhere that I will be or would work.
    Well said. I hope you got as good a laugh from his post as I did.

Go play on 29R sonny!

Thread Information