Forum Member

Default rosenbauer cab cracked

Just wondering if anyone has a rosenbauer engine that has cracked in the roof area. We just descovered that some of the welds are letting loose and of coarse we are out of warranty. Rig was sent once beofre for fix and all they did was put diamond plate over it. Any info would be appreciate,

Thanks

Forum Member

Default which chassis?

What chassis do you have? Rosenbauer uses other manufacturers chassis, HME and Spartan. They also did sell a few cabs made for them by Plastisol mounted on HME chassis a few years ago. Those were made by the same company now selling bodies in this country by Alan Saulsbury.

Forum Member

Default i will have to get specs

I do know that it is a plastisol cab. I have been told that they no longer use that product on their rigs. I feel that the cracked welds jeoprodise the roll protection and integrity of the cab. Just wondering if anyone has had any simular occurances or advise.

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

This has been an issue with quite a few of the Rosenbauer Commander cabs. However, when I was selling for a Rosenbauer dealer it was my understanding that they were standing behind the product and fixing each issue on a case by case basis. Since the chassis is basically Spartan running gear (was it HME Tom? I'm likely wrong), I think in some cases they were installing new aluminum cabs in place of the Plastisol cab.

I know where you are and who your dealer is, my advice if you don't receive appropriate satisfaction through those channels is to go factory direct...
    Last edited by npfd801; 05-25-2008 at 12:07 AM.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Default any advise to get it taken care of

We had some a member arrange the first repair and now mave a much more qualified person making the arrangment this time. Just wondering if you have any tips. It is out of warranty but do we have a leg to stand on saying it was the result of bad engineering and is probably now up to the spec for the rollover protection it should provide. Any help is greatly appreciated or a number we can chat at

Thanks
    Bryan Tello

MembersZone Subscriber

hoserbt,

Hold your fire!! Before you inquire of the local brain trust on the forum did you contact Rosenbauer? Like it or not those are the folks you will eventually need to deal with. Your first call should be to the dealer who sold you the truck and if you get no satisfaction or wish to appeal his/her decision then contact Rosenbauer direct. Then if you're still not happy you can ask around on here. Trust me though when I tell you that all you will get here is discussion, some good and some bad. Nobody on here is going to fix your truck especially for free. You are also starting off on the wrong foot by saying your truck is out of warranty, who told you that? Be straight, talk to your dealer and if you think they're f'ing you take the legal route, but you must first try to resolve it with Rosy.

MembersZone Subscriber

What Tony, you didn't like our advice?

Two (the only two) replies were non-negative and came from people that used to sell the big red R (you did once, right Tom?). I don't think I described the situation in any different light than I would have if I was still working there.

You ever get in the area again Tony, the offer stands - I'll always buy you breakfast (or lunch, etc.). At least once per trip. You take our friends from "H" across the pond yet?
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

MembersZone Subscriber

Joel,

I'm not referring to you and Tom. I'm just wondering why he would ask the question here where I am part of the braintrust before he checks with his dealer. I am certain all of us get ticked when it's our problem and we are the last to know. You know I'll go for the breakfast!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaronl32 View Post
    Joel,

I'm not referring to you and Tom. I'm just wondering why he would ask the question here where I am part of the braintrust before he checks with his dealer. I am certain all of us get ticked when it's our problem and we are the last to know. You know I'll go for the breakfast!
    But we're always the last to know!

Forum Member

Default Never turn down a meal

Tony, you are like me, never turn down a meal with a friend, breakfast, lunch or whatever. The food is secondary. Although you like me could miss one or two and it wouldn't show.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hoserbt View Post
    I do know that it is a plastisol cab. I have been told that they no longer use that product on their rigs. I feel that the cracked welds jeoprodise the roll protection and integrity of the cab. Just wondering if anyone has had any simular occurances or advise.

Thanks
    What is a Plastisol cab? I've never heard of that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by taskforce16 View Post
    What is a Plastisol cab? I've never heard of that.

Plastisol is fairly new to the US but is pretty popular in Europe. They make glass reinforced composite apparatus bodies and are being marketed by Alan Salisbury out of Cortland, NY. The cab thing must have been a new effort. They usually make bodies with intergrated tanks. Similar to a poly body but using composite in place of poly. Mr. Salisbury demo'd his product to us and many others in the business. It appears very resilent and easy to repair. I expect he will be successfull with it. See the link below.

http://www.plastisol-composites.com

Default Warranty

Just curious how old this vehicle is? Most manufacturers have at the minimum a 10 year structural warranty on their cabs. Also if they just covered the issue up last time I would think you have a leg to stand on to fight to get it covered under warranty.

Forum Member

Default cab update and a huge Thank you to Rosenbauer

Well since the last posting, Rosenbauer has gone above and beyond what we ever expected. We had a crack in the top of the cap that was sent in once for warranty repair and then failed again. One of our members contacted Rosenbauer directly and arranged for the repair. We drove the truck to their shop and they gave us a spare to use for the month it took them to replace our cab. We were given a new non poly cab with a updated light package, new paint scheme, total truck repair workover, and chevroning to the rear of the vehicle. We are very appreciative for the service and willingness to stand behind their product. There is no doubt that they made a lasting impression on us and we look forward to doing more business with them in the future. Thanks again Rosenbauer.

Bryan Tello
    Kansasville Fire and Rescue Department

Forum Member

Talking

The true sign of a good manufacturer is when they admit they made a "mistake" and do whatever it takes to make it right for the customer. Service like that is advertising that can't be bought.

Now if some of the other big boys would do the same instead of blowing off customer complaints.

Forum Member

Amen to what islandfire said, it's good to hear of a builder standing behind their product. I hope we have the same luck if we have a problem with our new HME, here's to hoping we don't have to find out.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

refreshing to see that a manufacturer is standing by what they make !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

We recently had a paint issue on our 04 and it was quickly and abley handled by Rosie and their local reps Northeast in auburn Me.Very happy with the job. T.C.

Thread Information