I've been researching online and on these forums, and have come to the conclusion that LAFD has paramedic firefighters.
What is unclear is if they run on the engines or on the box or just on bicycles.
I appreciate all the help.
One last question. Howcome no one has written in the california forum in over a year?
Dual-trained cross-function Firefighter/Paramedics at the Los Angeles Fire Department routinely operate in an advanced life support capacity on ambulances, engines, trucks, helicopters and fireboats. When special needs arise, they may also respond on bicycles and all-terrain vehicles.
IMHO, most LAFD members lead busy lives both on and off-duty, and tend to use the bulk of their spare time far from chat rooms and message boards.
Thanks for the reply
Originally Posted by LAFDPSO
still is kinda intersting that theirs no threads in the CA section PERIOD!
As a native of CA (Madera to be exact), I may be able to answer your question as to why they don't post. Pick your favorite.;)
1) To busy suntanning
2) To busy hugging the trees
3) To busy dancing with raisins (I know, old, but still funny)
4) refer to #1
5) Can't figure out how to attach a computer to a surfboard/snowboard.
6) Those pesky Santa Ana's.
7) Earthquakes. Enough said on that.
8) The keyboards are to hot in that SJ Valley heat. What the %*&@ is 110 degree heat for anyway Bakerfield?????
9) Anyone who can use a computer has moved to Seattle, WA
10) Do you think any FF who wears that helmet can type?
Now these were all in fun, so don't get all riled up.:D