Forum Member

Thumbs up Sylva Fire department a big old thumbs up.

I just graduated from Western and during my senior year I asked and was allowed to do my con ed with Sylva Fire. I was worried that I would be an outsider and not well accepted. I met them and they took me in like I was a lifelong member. They welcomed me at their trainings, and dinners. I was told even after I left I was told I will always be welcome there at the station. The guys there are some of the best I have ever met and I would not hesitate for a second to go in with any of their firefighters. If you're ever in Sylva stop by. Once you get by their unripe (yellow) firetrucks you'll find the finest group of men I have seen in a long time.
    Originally Posted by the1141man
    IACOJ is what Firehouse should have been to begin with, and what it now couldn't even aspire to in its wildest dreams.- the1141man

the opinions typed in the above space are mine and mine alone

MembersZone Subscriber

Drew,
    Thanks for the kind words, The guys at the station wanted me to tell you that we enjoyed having you hang out, and wanted to reminded you that you will always be welcome. If you have any friends, at WCU, that need to keep up their training hours while they are away from their home firehouses advise them to stop by. If they work as half as hard as you did, they will be more than welcome.

On a side note, those wedges that you made, came in handy. We had a house fire on Dalton Rd, two weeks ago on the 13th. I had a chance to use them and they worked out well. (I posted a few pictures of the fire on firenews.net, as soon as they fix their site, they should show up.)

Good luck in your endeavors, and remember that you will always have a home here at the Sylva Fire Dept. By the way the county has perty much approved our addition to the main station, and they have also just broke ground on our Webster sub-station. So next time you get back up our way we will have alot of new things to show you. Hell we might have a ladder by then. (fingers cross) And by the way our trucks are not just yellow, They are FIRE ENGINE YELLOW!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!

Stay Safe Brother

Bull
    Last edited by BULL321; 05-30-2008 at 09:04 AM.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Yeah..........

There must be something about folks who have Yellow Apparatus.........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    There must be something about folks who have Yellow Apparatus.........
    Harve,
    You know it brother. By the way have you taken delivery of that new truck yet? The last I had heard it was close to being ready. From the pictures that I saw, it sure looked good.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Cool

When my girlfriend was student teaching at cullowhee valley school she asked her kindergartners what color fire trucks were during fire safety week the kids all screamed Yellow. Heather couldn't figure out why for the life of her why these kids would would say that until another teacher explained that Sylva being one of the most recognizable and respected departments had FE yellow trucks. Good thing that teacher did cause heather wanted to not give the kids a check mark for that
    IACOJ is what Firehouse should have been to begin with, and what it now couldn't even aspire to in its wildest dreams.- the1141man

MembersZone Subscriber

In this day and age of PC, touchey feely, dont want to hurt anyone's feelings, its nice to see that the school system has the back bone to teach our childern the correct color of fire trucks! Of course it helps that the school buses are almost the same color. Oh Well

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Now bull play nice after all when I first saw your trucks on the road I thought wow Sylva has some mighty fine garbage trucks Nah it doesn't matter to me as long at it does what it's supposed to do and that is give me water to put out the fire.

MembersZone Subscriber

OOOUUCH!
    Its getting ruff in here, with friends like this who needs enemies? I heard our trucks called alot of things, but never trash trucks. Maybe the mini pumper, but thats because its a Ford (lemon year model, no pun intended).

Drew,
    Don't worry brother, there no hard feelings, here. You will always be welcome to work off of one my "trash trucks" anyday. HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Stay Safe Brother
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

bull

When did they say the pics would be up and why did firenews take off the forums

Thread Information