Forum Member

firechick337

Best thing to do is check some online auction sites like Ebay for lot sales. Or check local departments for extras to donate to your department.
    Service Through Courage

NEVER FORGET 9/11/01

Worldwide Menace

Quote Originally Posted by MustanGT1964 View Post
    Uhhuh.. maybe you should read the post at the top of the forums "all kids and adults alike"
    Im reporting abuse..
    go ahead.. have fun.. Hope you enjoy your newfound reputation.

-Damien

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Uhhuh.. maybe you should read the post at the top of the forums "all kids and adults alike"

Im reporting abuse..

Ridiculous, this is a thread to help someone and you two turn it into a flame fest. Grow up and get over yourselves.
    Ummm, no. You made a completely uninformed and brutally bluntly WRONG statement and instead of admitting it tried to defend your WRONG statement.

The hood is designed for one thing and one thing only, THERMAL PROTECTION. If you were to try to use the hood for breathing protection all it is going to do is filter some of the large particulant matter, not the hazardous gasses and smoke.

Admitting you're wrong will get you places, defending wrong and uninformed opinions make you look stupid.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Ummm, no. You made a completely uninformed and brutally bluntly WRONG statement and instead of admitting it tried to defend your WRONG statement.

The hood is designed for one thing and one thing only, THERMAL PROTECTION. If you were to try to use the hood for breathing protection all it is going to do is filter some of the large particulant matter, not the hazardous gasses and smoke.

Admitting you're wrong will get you places, defending wrong and uninformed opinions make you look stupid.
    Your right, and i apologize for the incorrect statement above.
    Service Through Courage

NEVER FORGET 9/11/01

Forum Member

Well done. That's your first step in the right direction.

Learning not to cop an attitude when you're called on a subject that you know very little about, and yet you continue to make incorrect statements about is the next step...It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt.
    Bear that in mind as you begin your career in the fire service and you will be far better off for it.

Now for a bit of friendly advice...

Just because you get a little ribbing, never, ever let on that you can't take it. Firemen will positively tear you to shreds if you start crying about it, and it'll only serve to exponentially increase the amount that's directed at you.
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

I accept your apology and this is a huge step forward. There is less shame in admitting you don't know something and striving to find the answer rather than arguing with those who do know the answer and tell you what it is.

I agree with fireman4949...never let on that something got to you...it can get brutal sometimes, like sharks in the water when a weakness is exposed.

Good luck.

Worldwide Menace

Bravo.. stepping up and admitting that you made a mistake is always the first step towards moving on and learning from them.

Anywhere i've been, i've had experiences with fellow military firefighters from all over the United States. One thing that's bonded us is the ability to screw with eachother. One guy showed me a video of a firefighter that didn't like feet. So they backed him into a corner and proceeded to get a few firefighters to bear their feet close to him.. The guy started gagging and puking because he had such a problem with bare feet. One thing we have in common is that we'll poke at you with a small thick til ya get annoyed, then find the biggest damn club and beat ya over the head with it. One of the biggest things ya have to have in the fire service is a thick skin.

-Damien

Thread Information