Forum Member

Default CEDAP & Rescue Tools

Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this. My dept is in desperate need of rescue tools. We have never had a set and the chances of getting my board of directors to shell the money out of pocket is slim to none. Between not knowing if we will have any money left to operate during the last year of our current contract and the "old timers" stand point of we didn't have it when we were fighting fires why would you need it now mentality. However an easy 1/3 of our calls are MVAs. I'd like to try and write narrative sections myself. I wrote the one for hamburger helper and while I think I did a good job we still didn't get it. There was a miscommunication about our 501c3 status. Anyway long story short I was hoping someone might be willing to share their narrative to help get me moving. You can email me at leedsfighting17@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsfighting17 View Post
    Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this. My dept is in desperate need of rescue tools. We have never had a set and the chances of getting my board of directors to shell the money out of pocket is slim to none. Between not knowing if we will have any money left to operate during the last year of our current contract and the "old timers" stand point of we didn't have it when we were fighting fires why would you need it now mentality. However an easy 1/3 of our calls are MVAs. I'd like to try and write narrative sections myself. I wrote the one for hamburger helper and while I think I did a good job we still didn't get it. There was a miscommunication about our 501c3 status. Anyway long story short I was hoping someone might be willing to share their narrative to help get me moving. You can email me at leedsfighting17@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.
    Guy, the CEDAP application does not have a narrative so to speak. You will be answering 20 some questions of which 5 will require a couple of paragraphs with some thought process placed into the responses. If you need some help feel free to contact me offline ( look at my profile).
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Elegiblity

I called the CEDAP help desk and have yet to get a response to my question. Does SAFER count towards the AFG since it is actually for personnel not equipment. They acted like no one has ever asked them that question, so I thought I would check here.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dshort32 View Post
    I called the CEDAP help desk and have yet to get a response to my question. Does SAFER count towards the AFG since it is actually for personnel not equipment. They acted like no one has ever asked them that question, so I thought I would check here.
    No, Fire Prevention & Safety nor SAFER awrads will not disqualify you, only an Assistance to Firefighters Grant Award after 10/1/06 would disqualify you.
    Last edited by ktb9780; 06-06-2008 at 04:13 PM.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Talking CEDAP Help Desk

Dshort32 -

I'm not exactly sure which number you called to ask the question, but feel free to call the RKB if you can't get an official answer. We will make sure you get what you need by contacting the PM of CEDAP for you in a timely manner. We are undergoing heavy call volume so please leave a message if we don't pick up. We try our best to get back to you within the next business day. Good luck to everyone on the application process. Thankx.

RKBSTAFF
    703-641-2078

Forum Member

Question

Please describe how the selected CEDAP equipment will be used in a terrorism-related critical incident management mission.

I'm truly at a loss as how to apply a set of rescue tools to this question, ideas, anyone?

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Building collapse and the like. Downed aircraft, vehicle into a building, etc, etc.

Forum Member

Well now why didn't I think of that, I gotta find a way out of this box someday, Thanks BC!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by OsbornFPD View Post
    Please describe how the selected CEDAP equipment will be used in a terrorism-related critical incident management mission.

I'm truly at a loss as how to apply a set of rescue tools to this question, ideas, anyone?
    Time to play "hypothetical" here; imagine an episode of "24" with you in the scene. Look in your area for what is critical infrastructure then hypothetically collapse that bridge, derail that train. Imagine yourself arriving at the scene, stepping out of the truck and you now have the TNT in your hands; now go to work and specifically describe what you could do with the tool, if you were on the scene.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Forget the rescue tools, I like the idea of the (TNT) in my hands till the boom thing happens. But since 96% of the haz cargo that CSX transfers just a few hundred feet from my station is ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel who needs TNT.

Got a set of the tools for my vol. dept with last years AFG and they are great.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Forget the rescue tools, I like the idea of the (TNT) in my hands till the boom thing happens. But since 96% of the haz cargo that CSX transfers just a few hundred feet from my station is ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel who needs TNT.

Got a set of the tools for my vol. dept with last years AFG and they are great.

Too funny limeforever. I didn't even see the "play of words" there with the TNT. LOL!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Is there any good tips on applying for CEDAP? My department is going to apply this year for the first time. Our current extrication equipment is approx. 15 years old. Just looking for a little advice. Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated. You can email me at kweidemann17@hotmail.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WeidFire17 View Post
    Is there any good tips on applying for CEDAP? My department is going to apply this year for the first time. Our current extrication equipment is approx. 15 years old. Just looking for a little advice. Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated. You can email me at kweidemann17@hotmail.com
    Check your email!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Looking for ideas for Question 22 in the application process for this grant? Part of me is thinking that the response to that question is going to be similar to question 21, but I'm not really just looking for some ideas and advice.

Forum Member

Default CEDAP & Rescue Tools

I'm currently working on the application for this grant, I'm looking for some advice with regards to questions 21 and 22. Part of me is thinking that both questions are very similar but I'm not 100% sure looking for any suggestions or advice.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue57 View Post
    I'm currently working on the application for this grant, I'm looking for some advice with regards to questions 21 and 22. Part of me is thinking that both questions are very similar but I'm not 100% sure looking for any suggestions or advice.
    Your question has already been asked and asnwered here guy above, but for you... here it is again:

Time to play "hypothetical" here; imagine an episode of "24" with you in the scene. Look in your area for what is critical infrastructure then hypothetically collapse that bridge, derail that train. Imagine yourself arriving at the scene, stepping out of the truck and you now have the TNT in your hands; now go to work and specifically describe what you could do with the tool, if you were on the scene.
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information