Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

Is it me, or is there suddenly four or five guys that all joined the forums in the last month asking the exact same questions? Hmmmm......

MembersZone Subscriber

Guys, if you read all of my post on extrication I have commented in many cases on how any tool in trained hands could do the job. I have driven Chevrolet trucks in the past, now I drive Ford. I have used Hurst for the first 4 to 5 yrs in my career, switched to Amkus in the early 90's and have been using them ever since. I was exposed to TNT a few yrs ago in a class I took, yeah I got to liking it the more I got to use it.

You want to question my past. Yes, I do have 20+ yrs in the fire service. In the early 1990's worked a wreck where a early 20's young man died in a car that I feel I wasn't trained enough to help get him out of efficiently. The guys father and brother both were there watching. I made the extra effort to learn everything I could and help to train others in thinking outside the box on extrication rather than approach things as they have done for decades before, not to mention the impact on the family
    The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the
    proof of His absence.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lieutenant387 View Post
    Guys, if you read all of my post on extrication I have commented in many cases on how any tool in trained hands could do the job. I have driven Chevrolet trucks in the past, now I drive Ford. I have used Hurst for the first 4 to 5 yrs in my career, switched to Amkus in the early 90's and have been using them ever since. I was exposed to TNT a few yrs ago in a class I took, yeah I got to liking it the more I got to use it.

You want to question my past. Yes, I do have 20+ yrs in the fire service. In the early 1990's worked a wreck where a early 20's young man died in a car that I feel I wasn't trained enough to help get him out of efficiently. The guys father and brother both were there watching. I made the extra effort to learn everything I could and help to train others in thinking outside the box on extrication rather than approach things as they have done for decades before, not to mention the impact on the family
    Sorry to hear about that emotional story. It just seems asthough you know WAY more than you should about the competitive selling pitches.

MembersZone Subscriber

LC20, no problem. Heck my dept even has a Genesis power unit. Personally don't like it. It is one of those pony things. I have been told there is a problem with hose certification. Waiting to see.
    The evidence of God's presence far outweighs the
    proof of His absence.

Forum Member

Does anyone have information regarding a TNT tool that blew up recently in Wisconsin and the FF using the tool was injured ?? would like to know more details

MembersZone Subscriber

Default NFPA Classification for TNT?

I was following up on the NFPA classification.

I did notice on TNT's website they listed their UL Certified NFPA classification. You can view it on TNT's Website Here

Just click the link from there to UL's website.

Forum Member

When I took the extacation class a few years ago, we used 5 diferant brands, ( I wont name names ) two would not cut nader pins or hinges one would, but REAL slow, TNT was with out a doubt the best of the lot. p.s. We just won 1st place at a extracation compition using TNT tools.

Forum Member

Talking Welcome

Gary L- just noticed you a new member with only one post. welcome to the forims. I saw this thread QUITE a while ago, I wasnt sure why it popped up again. I am a traveling TERC judge, what competition did you win? I probably judged your team. Please let me know. I have photos from almost every event, I can probably send you a few of your team. Please reply- I love to keep in touch with the teams. Hope to hear from you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBatt1 View Post
    Gary L- just noticed you a new member with only one post. welcome to the forims. I saw this thread QUITE a while ago, I wasnt sure why it popped up again. I am a traveling TERC judge, what competition did you win? I probably judged your team. Please let me know. I have photos from almost every event, I can probably send you a few of your team. Please reply- I love to keep in touch with the teams. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Are you judging in Cherry Valley this year? Our department has a team that competes, maybe you have photos of them...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

I actually am not, I am going to be out in Tulsa, OK doing a competition. What team are you with? I have done Cherry Valley bfore, I could check my archives. Good luck with your event!

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBatt1 View Post
    I actually am not, I am going to be out in Tulsa, OK doing a competition. What team are you with? I have done Cherry Valley bfore, I could check my archives. Good luck with your event!
    I'm with North Park. I don't compete, but we have a team that does... I'd end up divorced with all the other stuff that takes me away from home.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    I'm with North Park. I don't compete, but we have a team that does... I'd end up divorced with all the other stuff that takes me away from home.
    ...Just got back into town- how did your team do at the Midwest TERC challenge? I looked in my picture archives- I couldnt find much of your guys from past challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by laddercompany20 View Post
    ...Just got back into town- how did your team do at the Midwest TERC challenge? I looked in my picture archives- I couldnt find much of your guys from past challenges.
    Not as well as they would have liked. Harlem Roscoe was first overall, Litchfield second and South Beloit third. Only twelve teams total competed this year.

Forum Member

Default tnt sucks

tnt stands for dynomite

Forum Member

We have TNT and they've been great tools. We've never had a problem cutting through anything with these tools, but from what I've been told, those that have stem from a problem with the second stage not engaging properly. In quite a few of those instances, preventative maintenance and calibration had not been done on the tools in YEARS.

We broke a shaft in our pump a few years back during our "Forever Changed" anti-drunk driving program (thankfully it wasn't on a "real" call). By that afternoon, the rep had came out and picked up our pump and left a loaner. Within two weeks, our pump was back, fully repaired and looked brand new. That's how good their service is...

Thread Information