Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #26
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Longview, TX, USA
    Posts
    9

    Default NFPA Classification for TNT?

    I was following up on the NFPA classification.

    I did notice on TNT's website they listed their UL Certified NFPA classification. You can view it on TNT's Website Here

    Just click the link from there to UL's website.

  2. #27
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    When I took the extacation class a few years ago, we used 5 diferant brands, ( I wont name names ) two would not cut nader pins or hinges one would, but REAL slow, TNT was with out a doubt the best of the lot. p.s. We just won 1st place at a extracation compition using TNT tools.

  3. #28
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17

    Talking Welcome

    Gary L- just noticed you a new member with only one post. welcome to the forims. I saw this thread QUITE a while ago, I wasnt sure why it popped up again. I am a traveling TERC judge, what competition did you win? I probably judged your team. Please let me know. I have photos from almost every event, I can probably send you a few of your team. Please reply- I love to keep in touch with the teams. Hope to hear from you soon.

  4. #29
    MembersZone Subscriber
    npfd801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBatt1 View Post
    Gary L- just noticed you a new member with only one post. welcome to the forims. I saw this thread QUITE a while ago, I wasnt sure why it popped up again. I am a traveling TERC judge, what competition did you win? I probably judged your team. Please let me know. I have photos from almost every event, I can probably send you a few of your team. Please reply- I love to keep in touch with the teams. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Are you judging in Cherry Valley this year? Our department has a team that competes, maybe you have photos of them...
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

  5. #30
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I actually am not, I am going to be out in Tulsa, OK doing a competition. What team are you with? I have done Cherry Valley bfore, I could check my archives. Good luck with your event!

  6. #31
    MembersZone Subscriber
    npfd801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBatt1 View Post
    I actually am not, I am going to be out in Tulsa, OK doing a competition. What team are you with? I have done Cherry Valley bfore, I could check my archives. Good luck with your event!
    I'm with North Park. I don't compete, but we have a team that does... I'd end up divorced with all the other stuff that takes me away from home.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

  7. #32
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by npfd801 View Post
    I'm with North Park. I don't compete, but we have a team that does... I'd end up divorced with all the other stuff that takes me away from home.
    ...Just got back into town- how did your team do at the Midwest TERC challenge? I looked in my picture archives- I couldnt find much of your guys from past challenges.

  8. #33
    MembersZone Subscriber
    npfd801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in Illinois
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laddercompany20 View Post
    ...Just got back into town- how did your team do at the Midwest TERC challenge? I looked in my picture archives- I couldnt find much of your guys from past challenges.
    Not as well as they would have liked. Harlem Roscoe was first overall, Litchfield second and South Beloit third. Only twelve teams total competed this year.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

  9. #34
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16

    Default tnt sucks

    tnt stands for dynomite

  10. #35
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, Texas
    Posts
    284

    Default

    We have TNT and they've been great tools. We've never had a problem cutting through anything with these tools, but from what I've been told, those that have stem from a problem with the second stage not engaging properly. In quite a few of those instances, preventative maintenance and calibration had not been done on the tools in YEARS.

    We broke a shaft in our pump a few years back during our "Forever Changed" anti-drunk driving program (thankfully it wasn't on a "real" call). By that afternoon, the rep had came out and picked up our pump and left a loaner. Within two weeks, our pump was back, fully repaired and looked brand new. That's how good their service is...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Best Rescue Tools
    By Station32 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 10:40 AM
  2. TNT Rescue Tools
    By markpery in forum University of Extrication
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2002, 03:29 PM
  3. Rescue Tools
    By jjbfd10w2 in forum University of Extrication
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2002, 08:51 PM
  4. Rescue Tools
    By spotthedalmation in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2001, 11:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register