Forum Member

Default Communications Funding

Looking for some "outside the box" funding ideas primarily for portable radios. We had a large fire a few months ago in which almost the entire department was called back and there wasn't enough radios to go around. We talked about the need to update some of our receiver sites as well but I think the primary concern is having enough radios. We are going after SCBA in this year's AFG and need to go after Hose and Appliances next year. Going after some gear through IL OSFM and USDA said our population is too large to do anything through them. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks brothers!

MembersZone Subscriber

About 18m ago I got 165 Motorola HT1000 from DOD surplus (FEPP) for our county. Most programmed/operate perfectly. Most are not narrowband (oh well). Will be a bit of work to do yourself or perhaps your state forester (FEPP contact) can help you locate similar.

Forum Member

Ryan, Do you have any Dept of Natural Resources grants availble? We replaced a whole system over a couple of years with these grants, and are now putting mobile repeaters in our engine co's to improve our communications while we are inside buildings.

Forum Member

FEPP in Illinois is a joke. I've tried several times to get things through that program and I keep getting the same run around. I appreciate the idea though, don't mean to sound discouraging, but just wish IL would get a better handle on this area since there is a lot of departments that are missing out.

DNR stuff is handled through the same area that hosts the FEPP and like I mentioned, neither one is existant. I wish they were.

Any other thoughts?

MembersZone Subscriber

Ryan you need to give me a call and let me update you on some issues that might help you on that. 800-992-0272 Ext 3111
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

You might get some DHS money through your state EMA if you can set the radios up to be interoperable with some of your neighbors.

Default Out of the Box Idea for Funding

Hello

I have some good news for fire departments that are looking to raise funds (that can be used for anything and any need that your department has).
    We are looking for joint venture partners. There is absolutely no cost to you or piles of paper work required from you.
    Your efforts will be handsomely rewarded. We will provide you with the training and tools necessary for this effort.

We are promoting a fiction book that brings the threat of terrorism back to surface (the public has become numb to news stories). At the end of this book is a very real, peaceful and cost effective plan to thwart terrorists from entering our country. This plan is now before the State Department.

The book retails for $19.95, we only require $6 from the sale. The rest goes to your depart to use anyway you see fit.

We have banner ads for websites, ads for you to place in the classified sections of local papers, lots of low and no cost ways for you to get publicity for your efforts. You can be as sophisticated or low key as you want. You do not need to purchase the books upfront. We will provide you with samples and order forms.

You will be able to sell t-shirts, hats, buttons and cups that have the book's logo as well as any message from your police department that you want to feature on them. There is no cost to you for any of these and there is no inventory for you to hold.

Please call: 941-876-0425 and ask for "the Owl and the Hawk Promotional Director or email: lori763@gmail.com

Forum Member

What band and frequency are you using?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Forum Member

VHF wide band

Thread Information