Thread: Gear ?

Forum Member

Default Gear ?

Anybody got Inno Tex gear? Looking for feedback

Forum Member

Trainer,

We had a problem ordering our G EXTREME gear and have switched to Inno Tex in the last 6 sets. It seems to hold up very well and is well made. It flexes and moves with the body and is very comfortable. We had it spec'd with some of the extra features such as knee pads and the (gatorhide?) covering on knees and cuffs and this seems to make it much more wear resistant. Hope this helps.

Ross

Forum Member

Larry
    It was low on our list after evaluating several brands last year. I can't remember what our major dislikes were now without looking back at the info at the station. We had several venders come in and only bid what the firefighters considered the top 5 brands and Innotex was not one of them.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Forum Member

Thanks Les;

I could see that, it's not lightweight gear. We have talked to several depts that have lightweight, and they like it, but it's a little cold. Thats why we did not even look at the lighter stuff, we spend way to many nites out on a cold interstate.

MembersZone Subscriber

Larry,

I really liked the Cairns gear that I used to wear with my volly dept. It fit great, was nice in cold weather. I would recommend taking a look at it.
    Lilyogi

MembersZone Subscriber

Disclaimer: I sell trucks for a company that sells a brand of gear that isn't Innotex (they sell Cairns).

However, I also used to work for another company selling rigs that primarily sold Morning Pride. They also sold Innotex as the brand they could use to compete with the "lesser brands" as they could never price Morning Pride to even break even and be competitve.

As the quartermaster for my department, we're in Cairns Reaxtion now, and were in it prior to my starting to work for the folks that sell Cairns. Boone County District #2 and Belvidere Fire both have some Innotex on hand I believe, and I'm not sure the Innotex was received that well with the some of the folks on Belvidere. May be worth a phone call to ask.

I understand that budgets and so forth determine how much you can spend on gear, so please don't think I'm thumbing my nose at Innotex in any way.
    Last edited by npfd801; 06-09-2008 at 05:06 PM.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Cairns Reaxtion is what we ended up buying after looking at several different brands.
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

Forum Member

Budget is not an issuse. We bought top of the line Jainsville 15 years ago, and had good luck with it, funny; for what we paid for the old stuff, we can now only get 1/2 as much. Again we are not looking at lightweight gear because of input from other depts. I guess my main question is how this stuff is going to last, does not seem to be cheeply made.

I know of a few big departments in Minn that use it. also know a couple vol depts in north central ill that use it and they are happy with it.

Thread Information