Thread: Got One!

Forum Member

Smile Got One!

My first ever 1199A! Found it this morning...thanks Kurt for the seminar. Hopefully we will soon be getting a washer/extractor and drying cabinet.

MembersZone Subscriber

I hope you are fully aware of the potential for mass hysteria and the many ramifications of making a post such as this.

I can already hear the keyboards punching in the login information across the nation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    I hope you are fully aware of the potential for mass hysteria and the many ramifications of making a post such as this.

I can already hear the keyboards punching in the login information across the nation.
    Your right. Nothing yet

MembersZone Subscriber

Is it a 2008 award number or a supplemental 2007?

Banned

Since they are still in peer review for 2008 I suspect this is a 2007 award.

Forum Member

It,s a 2008 award. Reference Award Number: EMW-2008-FO-01401. I could not believe what I was seeing this morning. I had to check it about five different times myself. Let the hysteria begin...

I do understand, however, that I still have some hoops to jump through and it is not entirely a sure bet.

Forum Member

I just found an 08 1199A also, for ops EMW-2008-FO-02395!!!!!! Looks like these are coming out early this year!!!! Everyone get to checking!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Nothing like coming here and seeing good news.

Congrats guys!!

Forum Member

Congrats!

Now it's almost like Christmas morning is coming.. but you don't know when.. and then again.. maybe you didn't make Santa's "Nice" list....

I'm looking forward to hear what y'all are getting.. and to hear when the first FV hits the street.....

Forum Member

Nothing yet. We have been waiting for this moment for so long but now that it's here I'm a bit nervous. We really need this grant. Congrat's to those of you who have heard something and good luck to those still waiting.

I logged in will it say grant award? We got one last year and for the life of me I cant remember when I knew?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by joehale2317 View Post
    My first ever 1199A! Found it this morning...thanks Kurt for the seminar. Hopefully we will soon be getting a washer/extractor and drying cabinet.
    You are welcome Joe. Good tlaking to you earlier!
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2802 View Post
    Congrats!

Now it's almost like Christmas morning is coming.. but you don't know when.. and then again.. maybe you didn't make Santa's "Nice" list....

I'm looking forward to hear what y'all are getting.. and to hear when the first FV hits the street.....
    I found a FV and an FR award 1199 post today so they are doing them also.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I didn't know to look on the old 1199 for the new reference number.
    We got our vehicle (EMW-2008-FV-04066)

Yee ha! We're doin the happy dance!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Cmathis View Post
    I just found an 08 1199A also, for ops EMW-2008-FO-02395!!!!!! Looks like these are coming out early this year!!!! Everyone get to checking!!!
    Clint what did you ask for this year? Wasn't it EMS turnout?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Clint what did you ask for this year? Wasn't it EMS turnout?
    This one was for 78 sets of turnout gear, 40 more radios, and $10,000 for training. Haven't heard anything on the one for EMS....yet.....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Andy2802 View Post
    I didn't know to look on the old 1199 for the new reference number.
    We got our vehicle (EMW-2008-FV-04066)

Yee ha! We're doin the happy dance!
    Congrats Andy! Glad to see a home run in my home state!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Kurt another one of your students hitting it big. OF course he had a running start before Nashville last year.
    Clint this puts you close to what, 500,00?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Hey Kurt another one of your students hitting it big. OF course he had a running start before Nashville last year.
    Clint this puts you close to what, 500,00?
    $712,000 from AFG to be exact!

Forum Member

Question for all of you who know what to look for. How do you know you have the grant and what do you look for? do you receive an email, is there a special place to look? Just hoping I'm missing something

MembersZone Subscriber

The first sign for a potential award is the arrival of the 1199A.

It will depend if you have been successful in the past or not.

1) If you have been a previous grant winner log in and go to the application that was your first award. In the Action Box will be "View 1199A", click on that and you will see at the top References to 1199A's from all the previous awards. Look to see if there is a reference to 2008.

2) If you have never been awarded before go to the current application. In the Action Box you will be looking for "Update 1199A".

The next step will be the arrival of the 10 q's (the # of q's will vary). These are answered and returned. Then the wait is for the award announcement. Both of these come though emails (personal and/or mail center after logging into the application).

Forum Member

Thank you onebugle. We have never been awarded this grant before so I'm really nervous about the hole thing. When I go and log in and check what's under the action button there is "view application" then a update 1199A then a grant/revoke access. We did this grant on our own, two of us had sleepless nights just like many others here. Should we be jumping for joy over those words being there "update 1199A" ?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    Thank you onebugle. We have never been awarded this grant before so I'm really nervous about the hole thing. When I go and log in and check what's under the action button there is "view application" then a update 1199A then a grant/revoke access. We did this grant on our own, two of us had sleepless nights just like many others here. Should we be jumping for joy over those words being there "update 1199A" ?
    Lets say that you can start planning the party, but don't invite the guests just yet. You are at about a 90% chance you will get your grant. Still a couple of minor things still have to occur but ,for the most part, your looking good guy. I would suggest if you have not done this before that you maybe give me a call and let me walk you through how to do that "update 1199a" form so you don't get any snags along the way. You can reach me at 800-992-0272 Ext 3111 tomorrow all day.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Thank you so much ktb9780 for your offer. I'm on the phone (woke them up) with the second person who helped put this together. We are a little shell shocked it's our second attempt for this grant. We will contact you at the number you gave tomorrow. Thank you again for your help. Oh and I'll send ya a invite to the party still can't believe this. I hope others are getting happy news also.

Forum Member

Well the first one from the Johnstown Pa seminar has landed. Not my station, but a neighboring Dept. $77,000 for turnout gear.

Thread Information