MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fatal Fathers Day Stabbing in Orem

Son suspected in fatal stabbing of father
    June 15th, 2008 @ 11:43am
    (KSL News) A terrible ordeal for an Orem family on Father's Day. Officers say a man stabbed his father to death this morning in their home.

Police say there was some sort of disagreement between 31-year-old Michael Kirsch and his 62-year-old father, Christopher Kirsch, at their home in the 800 North block of Main Street. During the argument, the son allegedly grabbed a 10-inch knife and stabbed his father multiple times.

Lt. Douglas Edwards of the Orem Public Safety Department said the victim's wife called police shortly after 9 a.m. to report an argument and request officers. Yelling could be heard in the background before the call was disconnected. She called back, and officers arrived within a minute of the second call. They arrested Michael Kirsch as he came out of his bedroom empty-handed. Christopher Kirsch was found in his bedroom suffering from multiple stab wounds. He died moments after paramedics got him to the hospital.

Police say Michael Kirsch has a history of arrests in Utah County, including arrest and conviction for aggravated assault with a knife in Provo in 2004. He was paroled in March of last year and was living with his parents at the time of today's stabbing. The family believed Michael Kirsch may also struggle with psychiatric illnesses, but police cannot confirm that.
    Front line since 1983 and still going strong

Forum Member

So much for happy fathers day, I can't imagine what kind of person it takes to do that. My father and I had a point in life were we didn't exactly get along and at the worst of it I never thought about harming him, he's my father and I still loved him.

By the way, alot of the articles you post about your local runs don't get much of replies but I still find them interesting and I'm sure there are many others that find it interesting also.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Well Thanx

I will keep posting as I see the number of peple whom read these things so ill keep posting them as long as I can. I have had some Authors get mad at me for cutting and pasting thier stuff but I like to get my local area on the map if you will.

UTFFEMT
    Front line since 1983 and still going strong

Thread Information