Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default SAFER Award Hiring and Rec. and Retention?

I am just wondering how many depts. apply for both areas and get both. Since the two categories are considered one application unlike AFG, I dont want to decrease our chances.

Our priority is to add career staffing but we would also like to apply for the recruitment and retention funds for our POC staff. Has anyone applied in the past for both only to be rejected but next year apply for one and get it?

And Kurt if you reply I am still looking at comm. grants but SAFER has taken precedence obviously for now. I am also working on the app. sheet for you.

One last ? while Im at it. Im guessing gas gift cards and/or gift cards to the firestore.com are not eligible in the recruitment and retention portion? Is a Fire Vulcan flashlight considered firefighting equipment?

Thanks to all who respond.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GFPD2005 View Post
    I am just wondering how many depts. apply for both areas and get both. Since the two categories are considered one application unlike AFG, I dont want to decrease our chances.

Our priority is to add career staffing but we would also like to apply for the recruitment and retention funds for our POC staff. Has anyone applied in the past for both only to be rejected but next year apply for one and get it?

And Kurt if you reply I am still looking at comm. grants but SAFER has taken precedence obviously for now. I am also working on the app. sheet for you.

One last ? while Im at it. Im guessing gas gift cards and/or gift cards to the firestore.com are not eligible in the recruitment and retention portion? Is a Fire Vulcan flashlight considered firefighting equipment?

Thanks to all who respond.
    Based on the PG you would not be eligible to submit for R&R. This is for volunteers; having POC firefighters eliminates this choice. Submitting an application for hiring is the only choice.

Thread Information