Thread: Nixa

IAFF3904

Thumbs up Nixa

Hey guys,

Just a heads up, Nixa, MO is taking apps. I've been here for 5 years, great people, and great pay. Let me know if you have any questions. You must have FF 1&2, EMT, or Paramedic.
    Last edited by devondual; 06-25-2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling

MembersZone Subscriber

Default How many?

Just curious as to how many is Nixa looking to hire? I have been wanting to get on down there for a long time, but never got any heads up on when you all were hiring...thanks a lot for the info!!!

Forum Member

I believe Ozark, right next door is too.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info guys. I don't think Ozark is looking for any more apps though.

Here is a website I came across recently for firefighting jobs in MO. I'm not sure how often they update it, but it seems pretty credible. http://www.emsfirerescuejobs.com/missouri.htm

IAFF3904

Yeah Ozarks is one of Nixa's MA departments, its a good place aswell, but the pay is a little lower.

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink Thanks for the heads up!

Any idea how many they are planning to hire? I have been wanting to get on at Nixa for awhile. Thanks so much for the heads up!

IAFF3904

Default Nixa

They are going to hire 2 pretty quick (testing July 27th and hire in Aug). There are some guys that have been talking about career changes. I think the total count was around 5-9. Plus the NFD is going for the safer act grant, which means ~6 new positions.

The deadline in July 7th for apps., so get on it. I might add the people that have talked about living, are NOT leaving cause their unhappy its just other opportunities. I heard the other day there are currently less than 50 apps!

The website is www.nixafire.org, and if your in the area stop on by to any station we welcome vistors.

Thread Information